Originally Posted by 45_100
None of our First or Second Ammendment rights will be restored until the Supreme Court decides. Roberts does appear to be compromised. Disappointed in Kavanaugh. Expected better from him. I hope he has a plan and is not shirking his duty. We need these constitutional violations decided. Clinton, Bush and the magic knee grow are all huge disappointments.

This attitude drives me up the wall. Your rights are your rights. The State does not confer rights, has no jurisdiction to infringe your rights, and certainly does not restore your rights via the mumbling of some black robed crooks. Your rights are those things you are willing to fight for, and nothing more. If you have nothing you are willing to fight and die for, then you have no rights, you only have the privileges some man in a robe or a suit says you can possess, which makes you a serf, or a slave.

If the State wishes to acknowledge my rights, well and good. I have no problem with that. However, if they wish to take my rights, they can pound sand, and we can fight over it if they wish. Maybe I will die defending my rights. No problem. Once I am dead, I have no more need of them. But they don’t come free, for me or the thugs they send to get them. I am good with that.