Yes, Air Botswana does carry firearms. We used them on our first trip there in Jun 2019 from J'berg to Gabby. Some minor and what I would call "typical" TIA issues. For example, their website baggage policy showed 2-pieces of free checked luggage was authorized, but when we checked in with their desk in J'berg the agent said that it wasn't correct, only one piece. We had to pay something like $25US. Had nothing to do with one of the two pieces we checked were rifle cases. Then the issue of ammo case in or out of the checked bag. Again no big deal.

Landing in Gabby, claiming luggage and rifles was a snap. Everything came off the same luggage belt. Gerhard met us at the Customs desk with the import rifle import permits, quick serial number check and out the door. Going home was a bit difficult. Mostly because the person doing the outbound firearms checks didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. I will be a bit charitable in that with the hunting ban that's been in place for so long it's most likely a lack of training and familiarization because not many hunters have traveled in via Gaborone, usually over in Maun close to the Delta has see a few more firearms pass thru.

Just posted an update on our planned two trips to Bots this year. Summery is we decided to CNX the June trip due to too many variables and timing just too tight. One of the June clients moved to the Aug trip and one had to dropout but is first on the list for one of next years trips I'll plan.

The Aug trip, if things airlines are flying and RSA and Bots are open will be for 3 of the 4 going will meet in Atlanta and Delta over and Air Bots in the next day. Fourth guy already has his ticket on Qatar Air and is going over ahead of the rest of us and hunt a few days in RSA before meeting us in J'berg and then in with us on Air Bots.

Based on what I've been able to find and communicating with "boots on the ground" there, I'm 95/10 hopeful the Aug trip will be a go.