Originally Posted by SCgman1
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Thermodynamics isn't for the faint of heart

I was browsing a clemson board years ago and a thread titled, "what was the toughest course you took at Clemson?"

Several chemistries were listed ....organic chemistry, p-chemistry, etc. Someone simply responded...

Thermalgoddamits

I will also agree with this! I took the Fundamentals portion of the PE pathway while a Junior at Auburn back in the dark ages. It still ranks as one of the most stressing 8 hours of my life. Was convinced I'd blown it at the end of the day but didn't. Themalgoddamits is right! That schmidt was just pure torture.

Congratulations to your boy (and to you) for graduating from a fine school with a very prestigious degree! Despite your experience, I still believe that it would be in his best interest to pursue his PE. To do so, he needs to tackle the Fundamentals test immediately. That thing is not for the faint of heart and I cannot imagine passing it after being away from the subject matter for a few years. The PE exam was a breeze for me after taking a little brush up study course, but you cannot do that with the Fundamentals.