Originally Posted by ST50
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I wish I didn't read this actually. I contacted one about a month ago. Don't know how she feels for sure, but I can't stop thinking about her now. We tried to make it work on and off before I was married. I helped her leave her first husband for a while. It didn't work and she went back to him. I don't what makes me do sht sometimes.

Posts like this make the rest of us feel less dumb. Tks smile

The gist of these threads seem to be a) don't marry 'em and b) don't let 'em move in.

Me, I'd be thinking Thailand.

Never too old to stop making dumbass mistakes, lol

Ask yourself these two questions:

1) Is she physically attractive, to the point that you would want to "do" her if you were alone together? Prob'ly the answer is "yes".

2) If she wasn't physically attractive and the thought of "doing" her was unappealing, would you still be thinking about her constantly? Prob'ly the answer is "no".

I find that question a useful way to keep things in context, otherwise we tend to assume these things come from God Hisself grin

When I was in Grad school I had a student who was OK looking, but a tad overweight, nothing special. Didn't pay her more'n polite attention.

Then she came back after the summer and OMG, she had lost all that weight, looked SENSATIONAL. Suddenly I was hanging on her every word grin

It helped me understand the true nature of these things.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744