Home
Anyone ever had a hankering to reach out to an old high school girlfriend just to say "hi" and see how she's doing? Anything weird about that? TIA
Nothing too weird in thinking about it.

If you decide to go any further, make the deal with Springer first...
Originally Posted by johnw
Nothing too weird in thinking about it.

If you decide to go any further, make the deal with Springer first...

grin
I've done it more than once, but never planned to do more than say hello.
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Anyone ever had a hankering to reach out to an old high school girlfriend just to say "hi" and see how she's doing? Anything weird about that? TIA

I think everyone does at some point.

Its better if you both have a mutual friend, and that person can tell you in general terms how she's doing which is prob'ly 90% of what you wanted to know anyway.

You could have that friend say "Hi" if ya wanted too.
Weird? No. Dangerous, especially if you're married? Yup.
Originally Posted by benchman

Dangerous if she's married too.

Dangerous especially if she is married. smile
Why? And now?

You single? If not, seriously consider my first two questions,

I occasionally think of someone from my past and wonder about them.
But don't usually reach out. Damn sure wouldn't to a former girlfriend.

Let's see, you find out she's an addict, ugly, 8 kids to 10 fathers, convict...
You are upset.

She looks at you and says, "you sure gained weight, lost hair..."
You are upset.

She is still smokin!.
And you hit it off and have a great time.
Now what. Seeds are planted.

Nope. Bad idea.
Nothing gives a warm glow like a former boyfriend of your wife's reaching out to her crazy
Them bitches are all on Social Security now, fat and ugly.
A few years ago, I looked up my previous girlfriend on line. Reaffirmed what I all ready knew. She most definitely had changed for the worse over the years. I'm so lucky to have married the right girl We've been together over 30 years now.
Look her up on FB. That about as close as you need to go.
Social media (facebook) is good for that, And yeah, the past is the past, there's a reason I lost touch with my HS class.

Most of the girls are normal, young grandmother types, a few have been married multiple times (Red Flag!!) Some are dead, some are rich (or appear to be on FB),

Sating "HI" to old girlfriends (or boyfriends) is why we have reunions, THen it's another 10 years to see them again.
Almost nothing good could come of this.
Looked up my first serious girlfriend some years back. She had died. Not at all what I had expected.

She had kept her looks and shape apparently, and never married.
Originally Posted by Hastings

Maybe he wants to rattle her bones one more time for old times sake. See what mighta been.
BTDT. One rather bland looking one got rather attractive, one hot one got very dumpy, another is a talking head on national TV every morning, and another just got out of prison (not jail). Most are just normal people.

It can be fun/fine. BUT...

If its completely innocuous, fine. But unless you are unhappy where you are and are seeking change, I'd still suggest dont do it. Very good way to upset your wife. I dont mean piss of or enrage, but to actually upset her.

I have many friends, male and female, who ruined a relationship with this pandoras box.
If both are single no harm no foul. If either is married, bad idea.
Everyone I went to high school with has really gotten old.
Bad idea.
mine once told me never bother her again..
Originally Posted by Hubert

Last week? smile
I did reach out to one after 20 years, tentatively by email.

She was single, I was married, we would communicate after that by email about a couple of times a year, the usual social pleasantries.

When she passed her daughter told me her mom had requested that I be among the group of relatives and friends that would scatter some of her ashes.

So I did; Costa Rica, New Mexico and Upstate New York when I was in those places.

This was not a typical case tho.
I've looked up high school friends, not just girl friends. I've never contacted any of the ladies, though. 2 of them died too young, one in her 50's, one in her 60's. Another one who's my age, 71, was widowed a couple years ago.
I found out most I have been contact with (facebook) were happily married and doing well. A few scorned women but mostly they where ok hearing from me. They all were keenly interested in why I never got married and had children. But the ones that knew me the best arent suprised. I did have a few of their husbands send me friend request which I accepted. I took that as one of those “ I got my eye on you” things. Three of these old gals even asked me to get up with them when i was in town for lunch. Im pretty careful not to get too friendly just polite.
This is why I'm not on Facebook. I don't want them contacting me.

I've been to all of my class reunions and that's enough. We just had our 40th reunion and it was a good time. There's still some hotties, but most haven't aged so well.

Don’t do it.

There is the simplest and best answer rolled into one tiny sentence.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Nothing gives a warm glow like a former boyfriend of your wife's reaching out to her crazy

Boy, would he be in for the surprise of his life!!!
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Maybe he wants to rattle her bones one more time for old times sake. See what mighta been.

Damn oil field trash !!

Man, you made me laugh out loud, Dave.
Back in the 70's we didn't have the internet, so us hard-up guys would go climb the spruce tree outside this attractive blonde's window. She always left her curtains open and I think once I got to see her in her underwear.

You want to know when you're old? When you drive up the street for old time's sake and that spruce tree looks like a friggin' California Redwood now grin

A couple of years back my cousin ran into her and she told him to tell me I could climb her tree any time. Golly, that sure came out of left field, I had no idea.

I haven't reached out, maybe I will next time I'm up there.

Originally Posted by kaywoodie

grin

Stop it Bob, you're not helping......
Over is over
Leave it be.
Even if youre single
She will most likely CLAIM to be single

If youre living in the past you aint living.
Some people never get past HS/ college.

Keep moving fwd

grin

Stop it Bob, you're not helping......

I know. I probably shouldn’t have said that. But otherwise, I’d probably receive a hardy hand shake and a thank you man!
Haha!

Sorry Bob......
And if one chooses not to leave chit alone, may the other guys aim be good.

I did it once but only to apologize for how I treated her. She deserved better. It went very well overall and I'm glad I did it. My wife knew about it beforehand.
I always figured if my wife had a kid that didn't look like me, not to worry, he could turn out to be tall, smart and good-looking smile

...and that whole child support thing woulda been off the table.....
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Haha!

Sorry Bob......

It was suppose to be funny, Jim! No apologies necessary! 😉😉😉

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

One of my high school girlfriends reached out to me, asking for a gift on several thousand dollars. I told her that it was nice to hear from her, but loaning money to friends is a great way to lose both the friend and the money.
Facebook works really well in motivating me *not* to reach out to old girlfriends.

almost all of them are on facebook and they post so much stuff there is little I want to know about them.

I will say this about facebook though - one thing it has done is made me realize the good ones that I passed on for whatever reason back in the day. No regrets, just a few what if's.
Haven't seen mine in 40 years. I'm sure the years have been kinder to her than they have been to me. I often think about her, but at this point, I think it's best to leave the past in the past. Heck, I don't even remember her married name.

LOL.

"Take my wife,..... Please!" ~Rodney Dangerfield. laugh
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

LOL.

LOL! Like the scene of Olga, in Little Big Man! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Wife and I have both been contacted by former sweethearts. In both cases they are married. My old girlfriend is a fine person and we talk or text about things all the time. She and my wife talk about things as well. No issues at all. She and her husband visit us and spend the night with us on more than one occasion. Both me and my old girlfriend have great marriages so it’s nothing to get upset about.

Wifey’s old boyfriend, while married, still has a little “thing” for her. But again, our marriage is very solid and we laugh it off. Her high school reunions are fun to go to...you can tell he’s kicking himself for letting me steal his girl. Ha.
I said hello to a very serious old girlfriend from my college days on Facebook, no harm in that. Just Hey how you doing, hope all is well with you, best regards! Just the once, no problem.

I wouldn’t advise trying no meeting or phone call or even email though.

LOL.

"It was Olga! She had never learned much English, but she sure as hell had learned Cheyenne."

Or this song.... Pay close attention to the lyrics. grin

Oh yes, Remember that song well!!
Best to sit outside her house...
I did. Junior year of college. It was under very strange circumstances. I had not parted under good circumstances with this woman. The last time I'd seen her was High School Graduation. All of a sudden, after 3 years, I started smelling her when I'd walk into a room. I kept seeing her on the street. It was spooky. I happened to be telling the story to another female friend from high school, and it turned out this had all happened while this chick had been in town visiting her folks. It was some kind of Radar Love thing. So I got her address and wrote her.

We had a relationship from '78 to '86-- just long distance phone calls and a few weeks here and there scattered over the years. I was in Cincinnati. She'd moved to the Bay Area. All of a sudden, the letters stopped. I found out later the lady who was going to become Wife 1.0 AKA Satan was intercepting the mail. I found a letter from this woman years later dated May of 86 saying that her biological clock was ticking and she wanted to have a kid by me-- no strings attached. That was right about the time I stopped hearing from her.

The strangest part of the relationship came about 1980. One night she called me about 2 in the morning, and we talked for hours. She'd gotten into cocaine really bad and was going to kill herself. I talked her down somehow. She called me the next afternoon and told me I'd saved her life. She hit the straight and narrow after that. The really crazy part of the whole thing is that I'd had a dream about her killing herself back in about 1974. We were not all that close at the time. However, the details of the dream matched her circumstances in 1980 pretty well. It was that dream, and my telling her about it that started the process of us hooking up way back in high school. I'm convinced the Good Lord meant me to save that woman's life.

She's pretty well fallen off the face of the earth. She was on the Internet at one point, but she fell off by 2003. I've got no big urge to contact her. We were never all that compatible. As far as I know the big part of the story ended in 1980.

I had the reverse happen. After Facebook started, I had all sorts of old girlfriends get in touch with me. Yikes. KYHillChick was understanding. I had no interest in any of them. One had become a spinster cat lady libtard. The other was the first chick I ever got engaged to. She had dropped me to marry my best friend-- a blind Albino database manager who was my main encouragement for getting into Data Processing. At the time, I'd just sold my first feature film script and was realizing I was not going to get rich, even if I was successful. I took his cue and took up programming. She dropped me, because he had a good healthplan at work.

I've learned to keep a 10-foot pole between me and Facebook.
Worked with a guy who went to his Wife's 40th class reunion with her.

She met a former boyfriend there, and ended up dumping her husband for this old flame.

Things don't always work out for the best, at least not for the dumped husband.

Virgil B.
Heck yeah, go for it! What could go wrong?
Originally Posted by gophergunner
A few years ago, I looked up my previous girlfriend on line. Reaffirmed what I all ready knew. She most definitely had changed for the worse over the years. I'm so lucky to have married the right girl We've been together over 30 years now.

47 years with my babe! smile I do wonder what happened to them, if they had kids, etc. I went to my wife's 38yr HS Reunion and saw a few there...only a couple made it "unscathed by the ravages of time", ha. Of course, now ME, I still look the same!! smile

My first thought as well.
I was really hoping for better stories from you guys on a topic like this.
I contact my high school sweetheart every day. Been doing it daily for 53 years. All the rest of the gal,s in our class are old, fat, and gossipy .
My girl is still 5'10" and 145 lbs. And my best friend!
When I was in my early 20's, I got engaged to my girlfriend of 3 years. Right after we got engaged, her older sister left her husband and moved back home. That's when everything went to hell. Needless to say, we broke up and I never saw her again. She ended up with some dude from work that was about 10 years older than her. Then they moved to Richmond about two hours away from here, so there was never a chance of even running into her.

I always wondered how she turned out looks wise. Did she get fat and ugly, or did she stay hot? I'll probably never know.
Originally Posted by shaman
I did. Junior year of college. It was under very strange circumstances. I had not parted under good circumstances with this woman. The last time I'd seen her was High School Graduation. All of a sudden, after 3 years, I started smelling her when I'd walk into a room. I kept seeing her on the street. It was spooky. I happened to be telling the story to another female friend from high school, and it turned out this had all happened while this chick had been in town visiting her folks. It was some kind of Radar Love thing. So I got her address and wrote her.

We had a relationship from '78 to '86-- just long distance phone calls and a few weeks here and there scattered over the years. I was in Cincinnati. She'd moved to the Bay Area. All of a sudden, the letters stopped. I found out later the lady who was going to become Wife 1.0 AKA Satan was intercepting the mail. I found a letter from this woman years later dated May of 86 saying that her biological clock was ticking and she wanted to have a kid by me-- no strings attached. That was right about the time I stopped hearing from her.

The strangest part of the relationship came about 1980. One night she called me about 2 in the morning, and we talked for hours. She'd gotten into cocaine really bad and was going to kill herself. I talked her down somehow. She called me the next afternoon and told me I'd saved her life. She hit the straight and narrow after that. The really crazy part of the whole thing is that I'd had a dream about her killing herself back in about 1974. We were not all that close at the time. However, the details of the dream matched her circumstances in 1980 pretty well. It was that dream, and my telling her about it that started the process of us hooking up way back in high school. I'm convinced the Good Lord meant me to save that woman's life.

She's pretty well fallen off the face of the earth. She was on the Internet at one point, but she fell off by 2003. I've got no big urge to contact her. We were never all that compatible. As far as I know the big part of the story ended in 1980.

I had the reverse happen. After Facebook started, I had all sorts of old girlfriends get in touch with me. Yikes. KYHillChick was understanding. I had no interest in any of them. One had become a spinster cat lady libtard. The other was the first chick I ever got engaged to. She had dropped me to marry my best friend-- a blind Albino database manager who was my main encouragement for getting into Data Processing. At the time, I'd just sold my first feature film script and was realizing I was not going to get rich, even if I was successful. I took his cue and took up programming. She dropped me, because he had a good healthplan at work.

I've learned to keep a 10-foot pole between me and Facebook.

When I saw the thread title, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.

LMAO
Probably wouldn't be a good idea for me. There's some unfinished business involved. A month before my wedding my former called my mom wanting to know how I was doing. We had kept in contact while uncle sam was sending me to luxurious vacation spots, once I met my future wife the contact pretty much ended. I knew that she knew about the impending nuptial, my dearest mom mentioned the call in the presences of my future bride. My wife still has issues when the subject is brought up. Females can be SO territorial... grin
You're just mad 'cause you've never had a girlfriend.

Damn. Bobby Bare is still alive. 85
Did she put out?
Have contact w a couple via FB. One my hs sweetheart that ended up marrying a bud of mine from those days

I keep it respectful, no “ what if we’d stayed together “ BS

I’m happy to see both have successful marriages & families. Even back then my instincts were good on gals.

Plus I’m happily married & have no intention of embarrassing the good woman that’s been by my side & bore my children.

As others have noted it depends entirely upon your motives & relationship status of each party.

I’m just trying to figure out what TIA means?
thanks In advance. TIA
Originally Posted by hanco

Damn. Bobby Bare is still alive. 85

I reckon his wife must be MUCH bigger and MUCH uglier now... laugh

But he got her, boys! That makes him the winner!! ??? whistle

Says the guy that sleeps on the floor by himself.
Bang her like a screendoor in a hurricane.

And then you woke up with your hand down your underwear.
Originally Posted by deflave

Says the guy that sleeps on the floor by himself.

I'm sorry, I never actually suspected that was true.
I didn't great her very well during and just after high school and find myself wanting to apologize. Not sure what I'll do. Thanks for the advise guys.
I have a couple ex GFs.
Neither has gotten fat over the years.
Strongly suspect they have gotten more crazy/ rotten.

Worked w a lot of women. 50% I reckon are on social media looking to trade up Married or not doesn't matter.
It was a zoo, all the BS.

Some folks love the drama.
Surprised somebody didnt go postal in the plant.

I hold men to a higher standard. Think guys that cheat on their wives should be hung to death on the courthouse lawn. Women? Well we dont live in the Garden of Eden do we? Schemers.

If you find one you think you can trust, bang the hell out of her before she shows you what a dumbass you are.
I grew up around smart good looking decent women.
So figured that was the norm

I was wrong. Majority are worthless.

But then most guys are too.

Did the marriage/ kids thing. Waste of time, energy and money.
I tell the young guys at work chasing p uzzy to get clipped before they fugg up their lives.

They wont listen.
Ran into one a few years back. Reminded me of Garth Brooks song: Some time I thank God for unanswered prayers.
I dated 2 girls back then who were very slender. As in REAL slender. Both had wider than normal mothers. I ran into one of them 5 or 6 years later. She'd widened out but was still quite good looking. Then I ran into the other one a while after that. Ay caramba! It would have taken me 10 minutes to hike a circle around her. She was enormous.
I didn't great her very well during and just after high school and find myself wanting to apologize. Not sure what I'll do. Thanks for the advise guys.

1.) Turn off the 80's love ballads.

2.) Put the bottle down.

3.) Take a shower, change your clothes.
I've had two ex GF's contact me- - - -one from high school, another from college. The college chick waited over 30 years, and did a lot of searching before she found my email address. That contact turned into a 2-year, very intense affair since both of us were in serious trouble in our marriages at the time. Being 2,000 miles apart was probably a good thing, as we both realized that breaking up two families was not a good idea, no matter how intense our feelings for each other might be.

The gal from high school was a smoking hot brunette that all the guys had fantasies about. For some reason, she sent me an email less than a month after her husband passed away. She's only 60 miles away, and other than a couple of emails, we haven't had any more contact. She gave the me impression that she might like to get a little better "re-acquainted", but I haven't taken the bait. If she has ulterior motives and hasn't turned into a Weight Watchers "before" ad, that would be way too tempting
Jerry
I had my high school flame show up at my place with her best friend about three years outa high school. One blonde and one brunette, both real cute and trim. I lived in a two story place with a spiral staircase to the upstiars bedroom. Turns out they couldn't navigate it drunk. The friend tripped and cracked her head open on the railing. Bled like a stuck hog. Didn't realize a staircase could be such a spoiler.

*Note to self- no house should have a spiral staircase, period. "If it saves only one menage a trois"

Thinking weird stuff is normal. That's how folks have new ideas and progress. Acting on weird ideas is bad judgement.

I have an old flame who checks in every few years. OK. Last time she complained about her marriage and got sentimental. Hell no. Hope she got pissed at me and I don't hear from her again. That would be an easy life wrecking mistake to make. Don't do it.
Originally Posted by hookeye
I have a couple ex GFs.
Neither has gotten fat over the years.
Strongly suspect they have gotten more crazy/ rotten.

Worked w a lot of women. 50% I reckon are on social media looking to trade up Married or not doesn't matter.
It was a zoo, all the BS.

Some folks love the drama.
Surprised somebody didnt go postal in the plant.

I hold men to a higher standard. Think guys that cheat on their wives should be hung to death on the courthouse lawn. Women? Well we dont live in the Garden of Eden do we? Schemers.

If you find one you think you can trust, bang the hell out of her before she shows you what a dumbass you are.

Hookeye, just as soon as you possibly can, move out and away from that “armpit of the Midwest “ that you habitate in.

Jus sayin, Pard.
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Wife and I have both been contacted by former sweethearts. In both cases they are married. My old girlfriend is a fine person and we talk or text about things all the time. She and my wife talk about things as well. No issues at all. She and her husband visit us and spend the night with us on more than one occasion. Both me and my old girlfriend have great marriages so it’s nothing to get upset about.

Wifey’s old boyfriend, while married, still has a little “thing” for her. But again, our marriage is very solid and we laugh it off. Her high school reunions are fun to go to...you can tell he’s kicking himself for letting me steal his girl. Ha.

This has all the makings of a Kenny Rogers hit.
Had a gal contact me quite a few years after "the fact". She wanted more than I did at the time. She tried believe you me, but I just wasn't interested then or later.

Had the psycho bitch from hell ex contact me outa the blue one day. She had gone even further off the rails and started a rant about her current boyfriend cheating on her. I hung up 15 seconds in. Wish I woulda done that when I met her.

D'joo hear about Kenny? He gone.
Yeah, all that industry.....good jobs for women.
Divorce capitol of the world at one time.

Eh, Im 56.
Too tired, lazy, broke to start over.

Kid medical says I gotta stay here 4 more years.
At least
Ive had hot GF/ wife.
Banged the hell out of em too.

Young guy at work, shooter......got engaged.

Called him a dumbass
Told him to just beat off and buy rifles.

LOL

Originally Posted by Fireball2

Chasing old poon w Roy
Yeh. Call her up and find out that you’ve got one more kid than you thought?
IMHO over is over for a reason and its best to leave things the hell alone.

Class reunions and FB.....seen many a family broken up over stupid chit.
Had a lot of them through the years make contact again.

Once you screw 'em proper, it's like feeding a stray dog. They just keep coming back for more... laugh

Guy wrote some stupid effin' songs.

Once you screw 'em proper, it's like feeding a stray dog. They just keep coming back for more... laugh

LOL . That’s about right I hear.

Yup, its a curse

2.) Put the bottle down.

grin It was the 70s.

Yup, its a curse

The trick is to be picky from the get-go. wink

grin It was the 70s.

LOL

2.) Put the bottle down.

grin It was the 70s.

When you do get her on the phone, have some Disco music playing in the background. Be Circa conscious.
John Bobbitt Speaks Out 23 Years After Infamous Attack
I bet a lot has dropped since the 70s on your former gf.
[Linked Image from thumbs.gfycat.com]
Originally Posted by gophergunner
A few years ago, I looked up my previous girlfriend on line. Reaffirmed what I all ready knew. She most definitely had changed for the worse over the years.

I'm sure she's kicking herself.
Originally Posted by Hubert

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
I had a serious one in HS, dated for 2 1/2 years, got a little intimate, stared to scare me, didn't want to get married at 18 as I had college plans, broke up the summer after we graduated, just before I left for the Marines, (GI bill for college). From what I here she took it really hard.
She started dating a buddy and a year later got knocked up, had a kid at 19,
We see each other about every 5 years at the class reunion, still friends with both. We follow each other on Facebook, but it's hard to tell if she's the poster or my buddy. I've been married now for 52 years, they just had their 53rd. I guess we both found good partners, but we still think of each other. it's that look I get from her when we see each other along with the greeting kiss.
Originally Posted by efw

How in the world would you guys know this ?
Back in the 70's we didn't have the internet, so us hard-up guys would go climb the spruce tree outside this attractive blonde's window. She always left her curtains open and I think once I got to see her in her underwear.

You want to know when you're old? When you drive up the street for old time's sake and that spruce tree looks like a friggin' California Redwood now grin

A couple of years back my cousin ran into her and she told him to tell me I could climb her tree any time. Golly, that sure came out of left field, I had no idea.

Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by efw

#experience

My how the years have flown.....
Thought about it over the years. The HS girlfriend. Hot little firecracker. Damn she was cute, and and helluva bod.

I got the "Dear John" treatment without the Dear John letter while I was stationed in Korea. Back in the early 80's, so wasn't so easy to keep in touch back then. She just stopped writing, and phone number changed.

Cute little thing broke my heart. Yeah, I moved on, but she was always there, lurking somewhere in my subconscious mind, wondering WTF ever happened to her. She'd pop in in dreams every now and then. Of course she always showed up as the 18 or so hottie I knew.

Years ago facebook creeped her. No photos, other than one for her cover photo showing what appeared to be a woman with thighs bigger than my torso way up on a parasail with some kid. Nah....couldn't be her.

A while later, found a couple actual photos. Deer Jeebus....I dodged a bullet. Ya how they saying about "look at the mother....they always turn into their mother"? Well, definitely applied here. She'd taken on her mother's enormous size and apparent disdain for hair styling, makeup, or toothbrush. WTF. That grill looked like she'd been opening beer bottles with it, and she'd morphed into a 2 bucks plus nearly twin of her mother.

Funny how the dreams stopped! crazy
Had a gal contact me quite a few years after "the fact". She wanted more than I did at the time. She tried believe you me, but I just wasn't interested then or later.

Had the psycho bitch from hell ex contact me outa the blue one day. She had gone even further off the rails and started a rant about her current boyfriend cheating on her. I hung up 15 seconds in. Wish I woulda done that when I met her.

My 30yr highschool reunion was awesome. Moment I walked in to sign in got three maybe more, i was already buzzed, enthusiastic hugs from the several cuties I did in highschool.

Needless to say the wife who was from a rival highschool same graduating class got drunk and at some point im told bent over and told Trojans, my mascot, to kiss her Viking, her mascot, ass.

Sex was really good for about the next month, yes with the wife.
I know she had a heart/lung transplant nearly 20 years ago. Recently found out she's still alive. That's all I wanted to know. Think about her too often.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by efw

#experience

smile oh .
When I was a young man there was a magazine called “Penthouse “, people would send in letters. When most of those people looked up old girlfriends the outcomes were quite different than what we have here. Seems like those people just hit it off right away.

That was good. LOL.
It's been my experience that once crazy, always crazy.
But that's just my experience. YMMV
Holeeeee fugck!

Kind of a long story. A co-workers parents died in a house fire. His father was a retired deputy fire chief and it appeared he was trying to get his wife out and they died together. It somehow made it in the news in Texas. A woman he knew in high school made contact to offer condolences and one thin led to another. Like you said, dangerous and then disastrous. He ended up divorced.
Try looking her up on facebook. You can do it fairly anonymously or even a google search can show you where they are active on the internet.
Double posted damnit
Lotsa dudes and chicks creepin on social media.
Sociopaths have it easy these days.

Two coworkers have fallen for it. Divorced and started over.....shine wore off within two yrs.

Ex wife got half of retirement and assets. Dunno how much ex wife #2 ( or #3 ) got.

How does anyone not realize this is a disaster waiting to happen?

geez you guys...
happened to a guy i know. He had to work so wife went to her 30 year reunion by herself, apparently she "reconnected" as within a day or two of getting back into town she announced she was leaving him for her highschool boyfriend.

I'm from a small enough town that I know how most of my exes ended up and run into them sometimes at the grocery store or something. I'm not the same person I was at 18 and doubt they are either, polite and cordial when I see them but there's a reason things didn't work out at the time and I don't know that there's any of them that I would go out of my way to talk to.
The guys at work that lost their asses to the new girls, oh yeah they said it was " just friends" and happily married.
Heard same chit from the women on assembly lines where I used to work.

And they cheat, and act surprised when the new marriage blows up......due to cheating.

Fuggin idiots
Originally Posted by BKinSD
I was really hoping for better stories from you guys on a topic like this.

I wish I didn't read this actually. I contacted one about a month ago. Don't know how she feels for sure, but I can't stop thinking about her now. We tried to make it work on and off before I was married. I helped her leave her first husband for a while. It didn't work and she went back to him. I don't know what makes me do sht sometimes. I'm not obsessed with her appearance or anything else, it just a past bond we had I guess.

Might as well sell half your guns now
Or befriend a hog farmer
I didn't treat some of them very well either, but dredging all that up again isn't going to make them feel any better. Leave it alone.
Call her. Put it in her butt and call it even
I wish I didn't read this actually. I contacted one about a month ago. Don't know how she feels for sure, but I can't stop thinking about her now. We tried to make it work on and off before I was married. I helped her leave her first husband for a while. It didn't work and she went back to him. I don't what makes me do sht sometimes.

Posts like this make the rest of us feel less dumb. Tks smile

The gist of these threads seem to be a) don't marry 'em and b) don't let 'em move in.

Me, I'd be thinking Thailand.
Eh, I'm super happy where Im at and I wouldn't know enough to know how good I have it, if I hadn't made some mistakes along the way.
One Word:

"Disaster"
You guys think that self righteous bitch that broke up with you 20, 30, 40 years ago has changed??

No.

F No!

She's still a cungtt!
About every 5 yrs at a reunion.
Please don’t get caught up in the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Most people I’ve known who fell far this just traded one set of problems for another. Hasbeen
I scarcely had had any girlfriends in school, the women I did know, did not look all that great even back then.
Originally Posted by ST50
" I wish I didn't read this actually. I contacted one about a month ago. Don't know how she feels for sure, but I can't stop thinking about her now. We tried to make it work on and off before I was married. I helped her leave her first husband for a while. It didn't work and she went back to him. I don't know what makes me do sht sometimes. I'm not obsessed with her appearance or anything else, it just a past bond we had I guess.

Have you ever played Russian Roulette? wink

"You can't go home again." Thomas Wolfe.

L.W.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I scarcely had had any girlfriends in school, the women I did know, did not look all that great even back then.

Well....you were in Iowa, so we forgive you Wabi. lol
There is a reason they are an”ex”
Never go back.
Ronnie
I just don't get the need to contact former girlfriends, especially if you're happily married.

It makes no sense.
Do you know what they call a pretty girl in Minnesota? "A tourist".
My sister left her husband of 10 years for her high school boyfriend and basically torpedoed her and her children’s life.

Stay away

Boy isn’t that the truth
Not true at all, but HE started it! laugh

Ohhhhhh Wabi with the come back slam!

Atta Boy!

lol

I always figured that I'd die at the hands of some jealous husband. Came damned close one time. It all worked out OK. There's a couple of old girl friends I'd like to see. I did see one a few years after our break up. Actually more a case of me just walking a way without saying a word. I had my reasons, irrational as they were. When I did see her again old feeling came back kind of hard on both sides. I haven't seen her since and the last time was 1966. She'd gone from pretty to drop dead gorgeous. The other would be to just talk and straighten out a misunderstanding. I am on fecesbook so if they're on there they have to know I'm still above ground. I did run into one woman who was the sister of one of my best friends way back when. Sad to say my friend and his older brother dies in a boating accident. Weather got bad and the boat sank. Her older sister has passed and she and her younger sister don't speak to each other.
I did run into an old buddy on fecesbook and tried to friend him. Guess his wife still hates my guts and I don't even know why. I never figured out why he married her as she was uglier than sin. No accounting for some people's tastes I guess.
I sure won't get into trouble with the wife as she passed over a year ago. We had 52 good years.
Paul B.
Originally Posted by Quak

Boy isn’t that the truth

We gots some pretty ones here, believe it or not.:)
Originally Posted by KFWA
Facebook works really well in motivating me *not* to reach out to old girlfriends.

almost all of them are on facebook and they post so much stuff there is little I want to know about them.

I will say this about facebook though - one thing it has done is made me realize the good ones that I passed on for whatever reason back in the day. No regrets, just a few what if's.

Amen to that!

Got curious about an old girlfriend from high school some years ago. I found her on Facebook, complete with pictures. Wow, what a difference a few decades can make! That gorgeous young thing has now blossomed into a rather large, unrecognizable, religious zealot, that I have no interest whatsoever in reconnecting with.
Originally Posted by Quak
My sister left her husband of 10 years for her high school boyfriend and basically torpedoed her and her children’s life.

Stay away

That sounds like a pleasant situation.
The old stogy, "Pretty is, is pretty does". The best women many of us have known may not have been a looker when young.
Ever hear, "God runs a beauty parlor"? I have seen women get prettier with age.
I've seen it too, Wabs.
Originally Posted by PJGunner

I always figured that I'd die at the hands of some jealous husband. Came damned close one time. It all worked out OK. There's a couple of old girl friends I'd like to see. I did see one a few years after our break up. Actually more a case of me just walking a way without saying a word. I had my reasons, irrational as they were. When I did see her again old feeling came back kind of hard on both sides. I haven't seen her since and the last time was 1966. She'd gone from pretty to drop dead gorgeous. The other would be to just talk and straighten out a misunderstanding. I am on fecesbook so if they're on there they have to know I'm still above ground. I did run into one woman who was the sister of one of my best friends way back when. Sad to say my friend and his older brother dies in a boating accident. Weather got bad and the boat sank. Her older sister has passed and she and her younger sister don't speak to each other.
I did run into an old buddy on fecesbook and tried to friend him. Guess his wife still hates my guts and I don't even know why. I never figured out why he married her as she was uglier than sin. No accounting for some people's tastes I guess.
I sure won't get into trouble with the wife as she passed over a year ago. We had 52 good years.
Paul B.

Jeepers...
My wife does not like her face posted or I'd show how she looked in 1991 at age 45.
Contact them? Not a chance, my wife tends to frown on it and she knows where I sleep😀
My wife does not like her face posted or I'd show how she looked in 1991 at age 45.

We're good Richard. Giving each other schidt is fun though!
I met this chick my senior year and she looked good. So I took her to the Homecoming football game and then out to dinner and to the Homecoming dance later that night. This chick would not stop running her mouth and she acted like she was from Cloud 9. At the end of the night, I gave her a peck on the cheek and I got out of there like a bat out of hell. That Monday when we got back in school, I cut the line with her as nice as I could. She was real nice, but I couldn't stand being around her.

Fast forward to last Fall at our 40 year reunion. She was there, but I wasn't aware of it. She snuck up on me and caught me off guard and cornered me into a conversation with her. She still looked the same and still would not stop talking. Finally, I saw a guy I knew and yelled at him so that I could get away from her. I avoided her like the plaque the rest of the night. That's one chick I have no desire to see again.

This isn't a "How You Chose Your Username" thread.
I had a girlfriend in high school. She was the first girl I ever dated and I was in love. Still am in love, at least in love with the girl I knew in 10th grade, 1966.
We broke up in our senior year and I have never talked to her since.
But, 4 years after high school, I had kept up with her and I knew she was going to the University of Georgia. She mailed the all-time love letter to me at my parent's house.
Said she still loved me and wanted to go out again.
Somehow, I knew exactly what was going on. Somehow, I figured, she was seriously dating a guy there at UGA and was ready to get married, but, she really wanted to marry me.
I did not want to get married I was a wild young man. I never wrote back to her. Too much water under the old bridge, I guess.

Saw her at the reunion in 1978 turns out she did marry that guy and they had a couple kids. I saw her there at the big reunion, I didn't even talk to her there. So I learned her married name.

I have looked her up on line and looked at her house on googlemaps. I was going down to central Georgia to visit some friends last October, and it turned out, her house is right on the way out on a country highway, I did drive by and look at the house at 45 mph. No way I was going to knock on that door.
Does that make me a stalker?

Yes, I am still in love with the girl I knew in 10th grade, that was a magical time, being in love for the first time.

As someone else said, and it is one of the most profound quotes of all time, from Thomas Wolfe:

"You can't go home again."

IMHO there are too many old fuggers still trapped in highschool.
Or college.

Pathetic

Like the Rob Lowe peaked in high school cable commercial.

I live in a smaller town now w factory jobs, fuggin losers are everywhere
Originally Posted by sawbuck

This isn't a "How You Chose Your Username" thread.

grin
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I had a girlfriend in high school. She was the first girl I ever dated and I was in love. Still am in love, at least in love with the girl I knew in 10th grade, 1966.
But, 4 years after high school, I had kept up with her and I knew she was going to the University of Georgia. She mailed the all-time love letter to me at my parent's house.
Somehow, I knew exactly what was going on. Somehow, I figured, she was seriously dating a guy there at UGA and was ready to get married, but, she really wanted to marry me.
I did not want to get married I was a wild young man. I never wrote back to her. Too much water under the old bridge, I guess.

Saw her at the reunion in 1978 turns out she did marry that guy and they had a couple kids. I saw her there at the big reunion, I didn't even talk to her there. So I learned her married name.

I have looked her up on line and looked at her house on googlemaps. I was going down to central Georgia to visit some friends last October, and it turned out, her house is right on the way out on a country highway, I did drive by and look at the house at 45 mph. No way I was going to knock on that door.

Yes, I am still in love with the girl I knew in 10th grade, that was a magical time, being in love for the first time.

As someone else said, and it is one of the most profound quotes of all time, from Thomas Wolfe:

I tried. Kinda worked, kinda didn't. I ended up leaving what is probably the kindest human being in the world. #2 is better in some ways, but she isn't in the same league for sheer niceness. Of course, it's not that simple. There were a lot of reasons. Everyone will live, but I did the ex dirty, and she didn't deserve that. Shoulda dealt with the problems.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Smart man.

Some things in life just don't belong to us.
She wasn't my girlfriend in high school but I had a huge crush on her. Messaged her out of the blue about 10 months ago and we have been talking every day since. Found out she had a crush on me back then but we were both too shy to do anything about it. That has changed now. She is married but its been on the rocks for a couple of years. Kids keep them together.

Lol, Ya know what ya say to a good lookin' gal in Michigan?

Nice Tooth.
I am friends with my old HS girlfriend on Facebook.

She is still local to where we grew up and went to HS, and runs into my mom from time to time.

She actually reached out to me when my brother passed away, that's when we became FB friends.

No biggie, nothing more to it than old friends chatting once in a while

Haven't actually talked to her or seen her in 45 years.

Just FB buds.
You need to forget all the crap behind you and look forward to the future ,no fixing the past or shoulda, woulda , coulda fugging remakes. Hey you owe me big time for the excellent advice. MB
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! There is nothing left of "back then". Any attempt to go to "back then" is just fantasy. Pick up a Playboy and read that if you're going to fantasize.
my old HS GF got knocked up after we broke up and gained about 200 lbs. last i saw her and good old Ray, they both looked fuggen miserable.
Nope! We’ve had topics like this before and my answers are always the same. I’m confident in who I am and don’t need the superficial affections of other women to boost my self-confidence. I’ve never contacted any of my ex’s, no reason to. I love my wife and I love the life we’ve built together. My wife is the one that’s been by my side through thick and thin. My wife has taken care of me when I was sick, hung over or recovering from surgery. My wife has been there by my side through the loss of friends and family and the rock I needed when I was at my weakest. She’s seen the worst of me and she still loved me. My wife gave birth to the blessings that are our children and TOGETHER we’ve raised those children into intelligent, capable, kind and successful young adults. My wife is a beautiful, sweet and extremely intelligent woman that any guy would be lucky to have. I know that I could spend the next 100 years looking for someone to equal her but I wouldn’t find it..... I have no desire to contact any of my ex-girlfriends. I have no animosity towards any of them and I realize that they all contributed, some in small ways and some in bigger ways, towards making me the man I am today.

For me and me alone, I feel that contacting or even trying to contact an ex is disrespectful to my family and the life we’ve built. I have a few great friends, a loving and healthy family, a devoted wife and a personal relationship with our Lord.....my life is complete. I didn’t build this life on my own nor do I continue to enjoy this life alone. My wife is more than my partner, she’s my best friend and confidant. She is IRREPLACEABLE so reaching out to an ex would be an irresponsible, disrespectful exercise in futility. No matter how innocuous, no matter how platonic my intentions would be should I reach out to an ex I don’t see any reason to do it......I do see a hundred reasons not to do it though.

I hope they’re all doing well and living a happy life but as far as I’m concerned they’re all in my rear view mirror and I’m charging forward with my sweetheart, happily and gratefully living the life God has blessed me with and thanking him everyday for giving me everything I could’ve dreamed of.
I tried looking up, and posting the Proverbs quote on a good woman.

Then there is, "lead me not---".
Originally Posted by FishinHank
She wasn't my girlfriend in high school but I had a huge crush on her. Messaged her out of the blue about 10 months ago and we have been talking every day since. Found out she had a crush on me back then but we were both too shy to do anything about it. That has changed now. She is married but its been on the rocks for a couple of years. Kids keep them together.

Does her husband know she's talking to you every day?

If not, what makes you think she won't hide stuff from you?

This one has train wreck written all over it, for everyone involved.

Listen to the devil.

Ignore the angel.

Listen to the devil.

Ignore the angel.

Quoth Beelzebub.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Listen to the devil.

Ignore the angel.

Quoth Beelzebub.

Had you paid attention in Sunday School you'd know that Beelzebub was an angel before he was Beelzebub.

Ergo, he is the voice of experience and the angel is giving advice on things he's never done.

Listen to the devil.

He knows we talk every day. He has already cheated on her with one of his employees, who is still employed there. Like I said, the marriage is dead. Dad is there for the kids and so is Mom.

At least Hank is willing to gamble with his COCK.

Your dumb ass just ended up spreading ashes around the globe like a bitch.
When you play with fire, you usually get burned................YMMV, just sayin'.

MM

At least Hank is willing to gamble with his COCK.

Your dumb ass just ended up spreading ashes around the globe like a bitch.

The stories my schlong could tell....... smile

Says the Canadian schit kicker living in Iowa.

Covered in schit.

I'm sure.

Covered in schit.

I'm sure.

Naah, I was never interested in that. YMMV.

He knows we talk every day. He has already cheated on her with one of his employees, who is still employed there. Like I said, the marriage is dead. Dad is there for the kids and so is Mom.

Well sob I didn’t know stxhunter had a sock puppet??
I tried looking up, and posting the Proverbs quote on a good woman.

Then there is, "lead me not---".

"her price is above that of rubies"

Aint for you to declare the marriage dead.

You are the outsider.

And many a woman has suckered somebody for the swap, or just a fling, with such story.
Real simple, but lets break it down for the fuggin retards...........

Don't mess with other people's people.

Yup

You will miss out on a lot of p*ssy that way.

But your chances of being shot go way down.

And if a good gal comes along, you won't have any 'splanin.
Unless the gavel has been struck, don't even frickin talk to em.
And even after the gavel has struck, bet the gal is still a mess from the BS.

Get drunk, and blindfolded, and go dance in a minefield.

Yeeessh.
Respect.
Many of the gals I worked with back in the plant used the "I'm separated" line.
Bet over half ended up on prozac.

Cheaters ass gets fat and then they finally feel bad.....either get doped up or go groid riding.

Stereotypical.
IMHO

Aint that hard to play it decent.

Even if she is a skank, think about the poor slob that loves her.

Be cool to other dudes.

If she's gonna cheat on him, let somebody else be the azzhole.

There are plenty of unmarried whores out there.
don't know why everybody automatically assumes all women turn into nutcases after high school
Had one that thought she was hot stuff (not) and she chased me around at work.
Bumped into her years later, she was fat and had a kid w velcro hair.
I about lost it.

LMFAO
IMHO

Be cool to other dudes.

Agreed. Giving some wrung out guy a legitimate reason to kill you is never a good idea.
IMHO

Be cool to other dudes.

Agreed. Giving some wrung out guy a legitimate reason to kill you is never a good idea.

What was your wife's take on this?

I did reach out to one after 20 years, tentatively by email.

She was single, I was married, we would communicate after that by email about a couple of times a year, the usual social pleasantries.

When she passed her daughter told me her mom had requested that I be among the group of relatives and friends that would scatter some of her ashes.

So I did; Costa Rica, New Mexico and Upstate New York when I was in those places.

This was not a typical case tho.

Originally Posted by sse
don't know why everybody automatically assumes all women turn into nutcases after high school

Many were nuts in HS, just gets worse with time.

The non crazy can also be influenced by those that are (misery loves company).

The few sane and good gals...........around here there's huge competition for em.

And many of them pretty much "arranged" marriages........satellite small towns, people date/marry those that grew up in those area.

Like a damn cult.

Laughable, and sad at the same time.

Being an outsider...........was a trip seeing all this nonsense.

If a gal is halfway decent, chances are she aint gonna be single.

Thank you for your concern. Most normal people have a past, I weren’t her first marriage either.

LOL

Odd how families get destroyed, folks get shot, commit suicide..........and the gals in the middle of the crap, it doesn't seem to phase em.
Just sayin'
Best bet is to find a hot 50 yr old widow, that was an orphan..........and is mute.

Be prepared for lots of competition.
Tell ya what ‘Flave.

If you request it I’ll be happy to scatter your ashes.

You do like cats, right?
Thank you for your concern. Most normal people have a past, I weren’t her first marriage either.

Oh.
Tell ya what ‘Flave.

You do like cats, right?

Not like.

Love.
Tell ya what ‘Flave.

You do like cats, right?

laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Tell ya what ‘Flave.

You do like cats, right?

Not like.

Love.

Done deal. In return I want you to scatter my ashes from a dugout canoe 40 miles off the coast of Ghana.

Medaasi 😎

Done deal. In return I want you to scatter my ashes from a dugout canoe 40 miles off the coast of Ghana.

Medaasi 😎

I think a back alley dumpster would be more fitting.
Ding! Ding! Another win for Bird 🙂
But stop making yet another thread about me.

Let’s get back to guys making incredibly bad decisions.....
First steady in HS later traveled with and spent a lot of time with a Rock band, they had some big national hits maybe international but all or almost all are gone now, she is too
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Nope! We’ve had topics like this before and my answers are always the same. I’m confident in who I am and don’t need the superficial affections of other women to boost my self-confidence. I’ve never contacted any of my ex’s, no reason to. I love my wife and I love the life we’ve built together. My wife is the one that’s been by my side through thick and thin. My wife has taken care of me when I was sick, hung over or recovering from surgery. My wife has been there by my side through the loss of friends and family and the rock I needed when I was at my weakest. She’s seen the worst of me and she still loved me. My wife gave birth to the blessings that are our children and TOGETHER we’ve raised those children into intelligent, capable, kind and successful young adults. My wife is a beautiful, sweet and extremely intelligent woman that any guy would be lucky to have. I know that I could spend the next 100 years looking for someone to equal her but I wouldn’t find it..... I have no desire to contact any of my ex-girlfriends. I have no animosity towards any of them and I realize that they all contributed, some in small ways and some in bigger ways, towards making me the man I am today.

For me and me alone, I feel that contacting or even trying to contact an ex is disrespectful to my family and the life we’ve built. I have a few great friends, a loving and healthy family, a devoted wife and a personal relationship with our Lord.....my life is complete. I didn’t build this life on my own nor do I continue to enjoy this life alone. My wife is more than my partner, she’s my best friend and confidant. She is IRREPLACEABLE so reaching out to an ex would be an irresponsible, disrespectful exercise in futility. No matter how innocuous, no matter how platonic my intentions would be should I reach out to an ex I don’t see any reason to do it......I do see a hundred reasons not to do it though.

I hope they’re all doing well and living a happy life but as far as I’m concerned they’re all in my rear view mirror and I’m charging forward with my sweetheart, happily and gratefully living the life God has blessed me with and thanking him everyday for giving me everything I could’ve dreamed of.

She's looking over your shoulder as you type this, isn't she? wink
One ex girlfriend, and the wife are good friends, I see her weekly! She held up good, but not as good as the wife! The others I see once in a while, they dont do anything for me! With most it was the hunt not the keeping!
Why? Why, oh why? Nothing good comes of this.
Then there’s those folks that have a genuine concern about one that they were dearly attached to in an earlier time and would simply like to know how they are doing and that hopefully, life has been good for them.

There is that aspect.
See them every five years at our HS reunion. Sometimes awkward with my wife there.
Originally Posted by EIB0879
See them every five years at our HS reunion. Sometimes awkward with my wife there.

It’s a damned good thing everyone had name tags on at our last reunion !

Our graduating class was 525 folks.
most of the ladies i went with were good women but most hated my hunt`n,fish`n and drink`n. they liked my Harley but that also got me in trouble too with a GRIN. > well i married the cute little blonde college Christian girl and never had another motorcycle again and don`t go to bars anymore, but i do fish and hunt plenty. been with her now 45 years and no i don`t want any old girl friend back ever matter fact if something ever happens to my wife no more women for me period !
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I went to my thirty year and told my wife we were in the wrong place. Just a bunch of old folks. Then I started looking at name tags. A lot of people really didn't wear well.

Went to my forty year and the herd was thinned a little unfortunately. We had 392 in our graduating class. 45 year coming up in a couple of years.

I went to my thirty year and told my wife we were in the wrong place. Just a bunch of old folks. Then I started looking at name tags. A lot of people really didn't wear well.

Went to my forty year and the herd was thinned a little unfortunately. We had 392 in our graduating class. 45 year coming up in a couple of years.

Roughly 25% of our class has passed on.
Originally Posted by sse

Most of them are nut cases well before high school. I'm firmly convinced that estrogen causes more mental derangement than meth
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Originally Posted by sse

Most of them are nut cases well before high school. I'm firmly convinced that estrogen causes more mental derangement than meth

Combine the two and you got, ohhh, lawd hep me.!!
I went to the 55 year class reunion in 2018 and I was the only one on a Harley. Only rode it 80 miles to get there! I thought that I was at an old folks' home! Some of the ladies had kept their looks, but most of them were a bit rough around the edges. Nobody wanted to climb on the back of the bike for a spin around the block! With a grand total of 39 in the class back in 63, we could hold the next one in a big broom closet!
Jerry
Never been to any of my HS class reunions.

Then there’s those folks that have a genuine concern about one that they were dearly attached to in an earlier time and would simply like to know how they are doing and that hopefully, life has been good for them.

There is that aspect.

Your brain is mush.
#dontdropacid

Yeah, I've had the hankering too, but I've resisted. After 61 years, they're what not they used to be.

Put your false teeth in and go.
Grins

I’ve really enjoyed mine. Lots of good friends from back in the “glory days “ that Bruce Springsteen sang about. Good memories and good conversations. Interesting to see the many different paths that were taken and shared in those conversations.

Looking forward to the next one.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

There is that aspect.

Your brain is mush.
#dontdropacid

Such a creative, original thinker.

#dumbfukkk
I have only a couple friends. Know a ton of people.
None of my friends are from H,S.

I aint needy.
Fugg that facebook friends list crap
Best bet is to find a hot 50 yr old widow, that was an orphan..........and is mute. [ADDED - And owns a chain of liquor stores. ] grin

Be prepared for lots of competition.

L.W.
"I think I've found the perfect girl- - - -
I'll ask for nothing more- - - - -
She's deaf and dumb and oversexed- - - -
And owns a liquor store!"

Best post of the night!

Myself, I ran into a gal from HS that was still drop dead gorgeous 25 years later (the first wife passed away not long before this). I really liked her then as she was, and probably still is, a very kind person. She never married but at 44, I had three kids in tow. We both could tell this wasn’t going to be a fit for us long-term. I wish her all happiness! My second wife is an absolute angel though! She’s a fair bit younger than me so we have one of our own, in addition to the first three. She treats the older kids as her own. What kind of a prick would I be to ‘reward’ her by chasing some 30 year old fantasy? Besides, my kids (excepting the youngest) have been through hell already during their short lives. I would never deliberately screw them over fantasies about a 50 year old piece of tail.

I went to my 30 yr reunion last year. It was good to see a few of the girls I dated then. No regrets about my life choices. I’ve done rather well, all things considered.

Went to the 20th

Couple of the cutie pie cheerleaders were 300 lbs, tons o’ fun. lol

All here local

They did the 30, I didn’t bother even driving 13 miles to go to it. About 20 people showed up per Facebook pics.

Some people in their late 40s looked 60 years old.

Class of 170 people.
Went to a few at about 15-20 year range. I aged much better than many but fear I am now declining down to catch up....
My ex was on her HS reunion committee.
I went to her 15 and 20 yr reunions.
Boring bunch of azzholes.
Most looked like crap.
The ex was too busy running the show to have any fun....but being 2nd hottest gal proly was good enough.

Knew some of the people from work. Didnt like em.
Drunk at reunion.....they were even more azzhole.
The gang from my class reunion, seen pics.....they aint aged well. I have.

I suppose i could go back and deke all the cheerleaders that look like Frigidaires.

Even if some had held up.........why?

Id rather go fishin
I've reached out to some when the opportunity arose.. especially some from college..

but it was not face to face.. it was cordial and just kinda caught up to where we are now and what our lives had turned out to be..

kinda made it clear right off the bat that I was fishing for anything more than that...

I still care for people I've known and who have been a part of my life at one time or another...

my biggest intention is to let them know I wish them well, and thanks for being someone, that I remember fondly their times in my life...

nothing more, nothing less...same for women as it is for guys who were friends long ago...

"those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end..."
I had one old GF reach out on FB and tell me off about my "deer shot" pics as she was a hard core tree hugger. I hadn't even thought about her for 25 yrs.

There was no kind reply other than "pound sand".
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I had one old GF reach out on FB and tell me off about my "deer shot" pics as she was a hard core tree hugger. I hadn't even thought about her for 25 yrs.

Yeah, my spinster cat lady libtard old girlfriend threatened me with unfriending if I didn't vote for Hillary.

When I told her I was not going to, she threatened suicide. (Yeah, like that's going to work!)

I finally told everyone that if they didn't vote for Trump, I was going to go kill an extra doe during rifle season. My libtard friends told me to pound sand.

I showed them:
[Linked Image from genesis9.angzva.com]

All my libtard friends quietly unfriended me after that. Best thing I did since I joined Facebook.
Only reunion I ever went to was a Peace Corps one, twenty years along, South Carolina. Felt like an obligation. Actually we didn’t have much to say, or more like it was me that didn’t have much to say, and the three people I would’ve really wanted to see’t make it.

Yeah, my spinster cat lady libtard old girlfriend threatened me with unfriending if I didn't vote for Hillary.

When I told her I was not going to, she threatened suicide. (Yeah, like that's going to work!)

I finally told everyone that if they didn't vote for Trump, I was going to go kill an extra doe during rifle season. My libtard friends told me to pound sand.

I showed them:

All my libtard friends quietly unfriended me after that. Best thing I did since I joined Facebook.

🙂 prob’ly lots of us have similar FB problems.

I showed them:

LOL ......... That's awesome! smile

You're gonna spew your bullschit regardless.

🙂 prob’ly lots of us have similar FB problems.

You're welcome to steal my pic, or steal the whole schtick for that matter.

I stole the idea from a group of hippies that I ended up knowing. They had made local and national news by threatening to eat a dog if Nixon didn't stop the Vietnam War. It got all kind of press, and they even had a little white puppy they were showing off for the cameras. They finally invited everyone to the cookout and with great fanfare and proceeded to cook a hotdog over a campfire. Years later, I ended up a friend of one of the guys with a weenie on a fork.
My 2nd wife and I are friends on FB.
She is 7 years younger than me, and has NOT aged well.
Alcohol, and being a lesbian, is a terrible combination.

When I told her I was not going to, she threatened suicide.

I sincerely wish the commies would make that ploy go viral among them, and stick to it. grin

What a glorious day that would be.
Originally Posted by sse

Many were nuts in HS, just gets worse with time.

The non crazy can also be influenced by those that are (misery loves company).

The few sane and good gals...........around here there's huge competition for em.

Originally Posted by splattermatic

SheRoy off to scour The Facebooks...
Originally Posted by splattermatic
My 2nd wife and I are friends on FB.
She is 7 years younger than me, and has NOT aged well.

Good grief, man !

What a story.

Hopefully the third time is the charm for you.
"Anyone ever had a hankering to reach out to an old high school girlfriend just to say "hi" and see how she's doing? Anything weird about that? TIA"

Below weird. Fatally lame. Has to be accidental, like in a Hallmark movie.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
"I think I've found the perfect girl- - - -
I'll ask for nothing more- - - - -
She's deaf and dumb and oversexed- - - -
And owns a liquor store!"

does she have a sister ?
There’s two types of people that go to high school reunions: the skinny and the rich. Since I’m neither, I’ve never gone to one. The high school I attended was all male and only 69 guys in my senior class. It closed down several years ago and I live 1000 miles away, so I never see any of my old classmates. About 5 years ago an old neighbor looked me up on FaceBook. She got married right after college to a pro golfer, had two great kids but divorced after a few years. She then remarried a great guy and was happy until husband #2 died of cancer a few years ago. We correspond on FB, mostly about grandkids and old mutual friends. I haven’t seen her in person since 1965, but she looks great in pictures for a 72 year old lady. My wife of 50 years knows all about her and has no problem with our FB friendship.
Originally Posted by 5thShock

Below weird. Fatally lame. Has to be accidental, like in a Hallmark movie.

I mentioned earlier that 2 of my old girlfriends died young. Is that something my wife should know about?
I visited an old army friend a couple of years ago. He is a he, that was bad enough. Life goes on, and time waits for no man.

You're gonna spew your bullschit regardless.

I speak the truth, I don’t insult people over the internet......

.......and my nipples ain’t swollen and tender 🙂
I wish I didn't read this actually. I contacted one about a month ago. Don't know how she feels for sure, but I can't stop thinking about her now. We tried to make it work on and off before I was married. I helped her leave her first husband for a while. It didn't work and she went back to him. I don't what makes me do sht sometimes.

The gist of these threads seem to be a) don't marry 'em and b) don't let 'em move in.

Never too old to stop making dumbass mistakes, lol
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
" I wish I didn't read this actually. I contacted one about a month ago. Don't know how she feels for sure, but I can't stop thinking about her now. We tried to make it work on and off before I was married. I helped her leave her first husband for a while. It didn't work and she went back to him. I don't know what makes me do sht sometimes. I'm not obsessed with her appearance or anything else, it just a past bond we had I guess.

Have you ever played Russian Roulette? wink

"You can't go home again." Thomas Wolfe.

L.W.

I guess I never claimed to be very smart, I keep proving quite the opposite.

Never too old to stop making dumbass mistakes, lol

Ask yourself these two questions:

1) Is she physically attractive, to the point that you would want to "do" her if you were alone together? Prob'ly the answer is "yes".

2) If she wasn't physically attractive and the thought of "doing" her was unappealing, would you still be thinking about her constantly? Prob'ly the answer is "no".

I find that question a useful way to keep things in context, otherwise we tend to assume these things come from God Hisself grin

When I was in Grad school I had a student who was OK looking, but a tad overweight, nothing special. Didn't pay her more'n polite attention.

Then she came back after the summer and OMG, she had lost all that weight, looked SENSATIONAL. Suddenly I was hanging on her every word grin

It helped me understand the true nature of these things.
With high school sweethearts, there was a reason why they were past tense. I would have gone to the 50th, but we were travelling across Canada. It would have been fun seeing the old gang.

No you don't and yes you do.

You're projecting. Again.

No you don't and yes you do.

You're projecting. Again.

I'll cut you some slack on the second one , but I stand by the first.

Cruella, I'm talking to a guy who spends an enormous amount of time trying to insult guys over the 'net. I have to consider that.

Start a "Lies by Birdwatcher" thread if ya want, it'll free up a lot of space on some others.

Go for it Captain Google smile
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I mentioned earlier that 2 of my old girlfriends died young. Is that something my wife should know about?

Nah. No need to test spousal privilege on where you buried the bodies.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Depends...
I've looked up old flames on Facebook a few times, and some that I wanted but never had. I never tried to contact them here 42 years later.

I figure the memory, mellowed by time, is far better than the reality.
Went to my 45th high school reunion-- the first one I had attended, and took my wife of twenty five years. I saw absolutely no need to attend the 50th.
girl i took to high school prom. still friends, facebook friend.
girl in college, serious, she is friends now with wife on facebook.
girl i was married to for a couple of weeks. she is as crazy today as she was in 1969
girl i was engaged to for about four years. her brother and i are still friends. he told me i skated a bullet, he was right.
wife is fully aware and has no issues, we have been married over 40 years.
among other things we both know what it's like to be cheated on. isn't gonna happen.

Only if you are cool with your wife reaching out to an old lover, just to say hi.
Actually still in touch with a couple of old girlfriends. Perhaps better to say I never lost touch with them?

Talked to my very first, hand holding type girlfriend just the other day. Her niece just passed at 42 years old from complications of symptoms very similar to The Corona. Blood clot finished her apparently (sister's daughter. Sister who I am still friends with too) . Have been to her wedding, her daughter's wedding and other events in her life over the years, and vice versa. Her house had its 15 minutes of fame, perhaps some remember the firefighters saving a flag off a porch during one of many big Cali wildfires?

Texted another just the other day too, to see how she's dealing with The Corona. Being as how she's like me, over 60, and on her third liver I thought it might be nice to know how she's dealing with it.

Have run into others over the years too. One from high school was not my girlfriend, but that of a friend who went to a different HS. She ended up working for a Vet where my brother lived, asked him once if he knew me, and we then got together for a coffee. I found out then she had a crush on me, and wondered why I never asked her out. I told her I didn't go after other dude's women. She said I should have. And she was a hottie. Oh well, by that time we were both married or involved.

Been a few others too.

If you do, tell your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH first, and see what she has to say about it. If she is good with it, great, if not decide who is worth more to you. Be honest with her, and with yourself. She has the right to know, and I am sure if she was thinking the same thing, you would want to know, upfront so that the final decision is understood by both.

If you are thinking about the other one and feel the need/urge in any way for the other one, tell your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH. I and the women I know, don't want to be kept in a relationship by lies or omissions. Thinking, wanting, needing, desiring contact with another in any way, is fair when you are single, not when you are involved at any level in a relationship. If you are okay with it, tell her, and tell her if she wants to stay with you for the time being, then all is fair, and she is welcome to leave or start her "own" private life outside of your life together. Tit for Tat.

No judgement here, just saying it from the perspective of a woman. And one other thing, if you have children with your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH, remember what you are teaching them about love and respect and family and decency.

Hopefully, you will take into consideration any boyfriend/husband/partner/OH she may have in her life and how he is going to feel and be affected by it, and her children of course if she has any.

God Bless you and yours.

Miss Lynn
High school wasn't the best time of my life, each stage that followed was an improvement, or at worst not a step back. I'm sorry if your life hasn't been as positive.
Didn't care for about all of the fuggers when I was there. 35 years later I still dont miss them and could probably only name an handful. I moved on and away from high school and like to think I have been much more successful than most.
Miss Lynn,

You post made words into a beautiful thing. Thanks.
Originally Posted by BadHabit
Didn't care for about all of the fuggers when I was there. 35 years later I still dont miss them and could probably only name an handful. I moved on and away from high school and like to think I have been much more successful than most.

How are you "much more successful than most" of your schoolmates?

Well, he prob’ly has AC for starters.
Just contacted mine last night after dinner... Nothing new.
Been married to her 26 years.
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn

If you do, tell your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH first, and see what she has to say about it. If she is good with it, great, if not decide who is worth more to you. Be honest with her, and with yourself. She has the right to know, and I am sure if she was thinking the same thing, you would want to know, upfront so that the final decision is understood by both.

If you are thinking about the other one and feel the need/urge in any way for the other one, tell your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH. I and the women I know, don't want to be kept in a relationship by lies or omissions. Thinking, wanting, needing, desiring contact with another in any way, is fair when you are single, not when you are involved at any level in a relationship. If you are okay with it, tell her, and tell her if she wants to stay with you for the time being, then all is fair, and she is welcome to leave or start her "own" private life outside of your life together. Tit for Tat.

No judgement here, just saying it from the perspective of a woman. And one other thing, if you have children with your girlfriend/wife/partner/OH, remember what you are teaching them about love and respect and family and decency.

Hopefully, you will take into consideration any boyfriend/husband/partner/OH she may have in her life and how he is going to feel and be affected by it, and her children of course if she has any.

God Bless you and yours.

Miss Lynn

Miss Lynn, Well said but I would add that this happens just as much with women contacting old flames as men. Maybe even more. At least that has been my observation.

Well, he prob’ly has AC for starters.

and no wheels on his house
My brother's marriage broke up for many reasons, including the fact that his wife is as crazy as an outhouse rat, but one big factor was her continuing relationship with an old friend from high school. Here's the really weird part- - - -the guy is q ueer as a $3.00 bill! Over 30-something years before they finally split the sheets, he actually lived in their home on several occasions. Now that they're divorced, the two good buddies have been sharing a house for the past four years! How's that for a strange situation?
Jerry
As a general rule, it's no good to go back in time.
Can't believe the number of you guys that have lost track of your sisters. 🙄🙄

Originally Posted by travelingman1

God Bless you and yours.

Miss Lynn

Miss Lynn, Well said but I would add that this happens just as much with women contacting old flames as men. Maybe even more. At least that has been my observation.

Brings to mind a sticky situation a local married woman got herself into some years ago back before the internet. Married for several years with early teen son and daughter, got a wild hair obsession over her high-school sweetheart, 'her first and only true love', that she hadn't seen or heard from in ages. Up and left her husband and kids to seek him out.

It took her a while but she finally found him though not where she expected -- his tombstone in a cemetery. Tried to go back to her husband and kids but while she was gone several people that knew her well and felt sorry for the family had came forward and filled the husband in on some secret extramarital trysts she had had with other men while still living with him.

Husband told her tough luck, hit the road as he was done with her.

God Bless you and yours.

Miss Lynn

I agree, and I know many women that have walked down that same road, and for the life of me I can not think of one of them that found the bigger, the better, the highly touted greener grass on the other side of the fence. They did however leave a trail of heartache and broken families that can never be mended.

Miss Lynn
Anybody that contacts old flames is a fugkin' loser.

Anybody that has a "friend" that is of the opposite sex is either full of schit, or a f a g g o t.

I knew some busy body was gonna ask that.

Master's degree. Own my own business. Strong 6 figure income. Wife and 2 small kids. Able to do what I want to do. Very happy in all respects.

Thank you and have a nice day.
I lost my wife of 61 years last fall. One of her best high school friends lost her husband about a month later.

We have talked...

Anybody that has a "friend" that is of the opposite sex is either full of schit, or a f a g g o t.

> a lot of truth in these words
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
I lost my wife of 61 years last fall. One of her best high school friends lost her husband about a month later.

We have talked...

God Bless you both.

Lynn

Broad brush.

I don't disagree.

I have always believed most affairs (not counting serial offenders) start off innocently. Two people spending a lot of time together. Become friends, then confidants....worked with a guy who took his buddies wife. It started during
long car rides for business. When the new couple got married, they made a pact to never get in a car with someone of the opposite sex, alone. Hmmm?

That's been my working policy since our engagement. In my job and life, close interaction alone with women is quite limited. But if it isn't, I look for
danger signs and need them.

Looking up an old girl friend is nothing but danger if you are married. If you are married. Single? First thing find out if she is married before acutally contacting her.

I have made electronic contact with a couple female's from the past,
all initiated by them. We had good interaction and my family was the
first thing I mentioned, intentionally. One, made me uncomfortable,
And I just quit responding.

AcesnEights post was great, and excatly how i feel.

That's because yours still wanna press charges.

Amen! If she cheats on him, she'll cheat on him too, and the next and the next and the next.

I hope they are blessed with everything they deserve in life.

Miss Lynn

I deal in principles. Not emotion.

Anybody that contacts an old flame is a fugkin' loser.

I deal in principles. Not emotion.

Anybody that contacts an old flame is a fugkin' loser.

Anybody that does not deal in emotion is a fugkin loser....

Millions of women would agree with you.

Amen! If she cheats on him, she'll cheat on him too, and the next and the next and the next.

Miss Lynn

Hank, you need to get out more.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Bro...

He lives in Alaska.

Options are limited.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Bro...

He lives in Alaska.

Options are limited.

Maybe he could get seasonal permits.

LMAO.

Millions of women would agree with you.

Any deep caring person of either sex understands that emotions play a huge role in any meaningful relationship. That includes anyone who is in church n this Mother's Day...and those of us who are not...

I'll give I'll get birdie winning points on that round

God Bless you and yours.

Miss Lynn

In the brief time that I was on Facebook, I had several reach out to me. I made myself scarce.

We have talked...

I wish you the very best, Bowsinger, and condolences for the loss of your wife.

L.W.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Actually still in touch with a couple of old girlfriends. Perhaps better to say I never lost touch with them?

Talked to my very first, hand holding type girlfriend just the other day. Her niece just passed at 42 years old from complications of symptoms very similar to The Corona. Blood clot finished her apparently (sister's daughter. Sister who I am still friends with too) . Have been to her wedding, her daughter's wedding and other events in her life over the years, and vice versa. Her house had its 15 minutes of fame, perhaps some remember the firefighters saving a flag off a porch during one of many big Cali wildfires?

Texted another just the other day too, to see how she's dealing with The Corona. Being as how she's like me, over 60, and on her third liver I thought it might be nice to know how she's dealing with it.

Have run into others over the years too. One from high school was not my girlfriend, but that of a friend who went to a different HS. She ended up working for a Vet where my brother lived, asked him once if he knew me, and we then got together for a coffee. I found out then she had a crush on me, and wondered why I never asked her out. I told her I didn't go after other dude's women. She said I should have. And she was a hottie. Oh well, by that time we were both married or involved.

Been a few others too.

Some coincidence, that picture of the firemen is the screen saver on my laptop.

We have talked...

L.W.

Condolences from here also, Bowsinger.

On another note: A married couple around the corner are getting a divorce after 50 years of marriage. You couldn't figure out you were incompatible before you hung out together for 50 years? WTH?

Plus, the she has a restraining order on the he. He is living 30 miles away in South Dade. Can't even pick up his tools.

You have perfectly captured the thoughts, feeling and experiences I have about my wife but I am not so good at making a coherent sentence to capture my feelings. I had it bad for her for a long time but we seemed to want something else for a little while. I can't imagine my life without her.
I told her I would sell this house we are in in a split second if I lost her. I could not imagine being in it without her.

Miss Lynn

I appreciate all the armchair experts who obviously know the situation.

GFY, I'm gonna do what I am gonna do and I know the situation and the people involved. NOBODY else here does so STFU.
I'm with you hank, when did the campfire turn into "Dear Abby?" I didn't see that you were asking for advice

I knew some busy body was gonna ask that.

Master's degree. Own my own business. Strong 6 figure income. Wife and 2 small kids. Able to do what I want to do. Very happy in all respects.

Thank you and have a nice day.

If you didn't want a reply from a busy body, why put that info out there about how successful you are compared to the "all of the fuggers" you went to school with?

I see you don't mention friends on your list of successes. Not surprised. Glad you're happy with your stuff. smile

We have talked...

L.W.

Holy K'shizzle, Bowsinger, you are a lucky man cool

My mom and dad has been married for 45 years when my father passed, early 70's in age, my mom late 60's.

After a couple of years my mom started keeping company with my cousin's uncle, a remarkable guy who had survived getting shot down over Ploesti while riding in a ball turret of a B-24.

Some years ago we were all attending a wedding in Kansas City, over breakfast a cousin asked me where my mom was. I told her my mom was up in her room entertaining her lover grin

GFY, I'm gonna do what I am gonna do and I know the situation and the people involved. NOBODY else here does so STFU.

Hank,

I hope you plow until your hips give out.

Best of luck friend.

Travis

We have talked...

L.W.

Holy K'shizzle, Bowsinger, you are a lucky man cool

It's amazing nobody has killed you.

Miss Lynn

Drive on, but all the other ‘knowing’ aside.........she’s married.
It's amazing nobody has killed you.

Somebody might, tho prob'ly not because of my words or actions.

Mr Bowsinger ain't a child, it ain't like his feeling are gonna get hurt, and he had the love of a good woman for a lifetime with all the living that implies cool

In fact, I'm pretty sure he ain't far off from seeing her again.
deflave, your comments are harsh as is truth.
I did a couple of times!

Hot and wet!

They are still crazy!

Hit and quit it is is my advice.

Hank,

Best of luck friend.

Travis

Oh I plan on it!

Hank,

Best of luck friend.

Travis

Oh I plan on it!

Then get them hips ree-placed , do yer rehab , and PLOW MORE!

Hank,

Best of luck friend.

Travis

Oh I plan on it!

Hank,

You're one of the good guys here. Knock the bottom out of it, if it pops up.

Rock on.

God Bless you and yours.

Miss Lynn

This is a woman worth having a relationship with. Listen up folks.

Avoid temptation at all costs.
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

God Bless you and yours.

Miss Lynn

This is a woman worth having a relationship with. Listen up folks.

Avoid temptation at all costs.

Having been there and done that, I concur.
Contacting an old h.s. girlfriend on social media opens the Pandora’s Box of contacting exes on social media. You will be in sex rehab in 24 mos.

We have talked...

God Bless you both.

Lynn

JorgeI posted that she would be waiting for me when it is my time to cross the river. I value his words...
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'm with you hank, when did the campfire turn into "Dear Abby?" I didn't see that you were asking for advice
You must like turning it into dear Abby you dumb bastard. You're always giving advice or opinions you were never asked for.
I was as big a goddam dork in high school as I am now. The girls didn't want anything to do with me then, and they don't now. Man, some of y'all have me wishing I was a lady killa'

Hank,

Best of luck friend.

Travis

Oh I plan on it!

I was going to click "like" until I realized I wasn't on Facebook.

Miss Lynn

And prepare to answer "why, what for?"

To ask is to admit you still think about your old girlfriend, and brother, you are rolling the dice right there.

Not always. I was a driver trainer about 25 years ago. Had to spend ten weeks in the cab of a Peterbuilt with a gal. You get to know somebody really well in the cab of a truck for ten weeks, you come away hating each other, or good friends. We became good friends, she got to know my wife, she and my wife together planned and threw me a 50th birthday party. Three months ago I sobbed like a baby on her death bed. Wife found a good picture of me and her, and framed it for me, made a spot on the shelf.

I get your point, but there are exceptions to the rule.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

© 24hourcampfire