Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Facebook works really well in motivating me *not* to reach out to old girlfriends.

almost all of them are on facebook and they post so much stuff there is little I want to know about them.

I will say this about facebook though - one thing it has done is made me realize the good ones that I passed on for whatever reason back in the day. No regrets, just a few what if's.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Haven't seen mine in 40 years. I'm sure the years have been kinder to her than they have been to me. I often think about her, but at this point, I think it's best to leave the past in the past. Heck, I don't even remember her married name.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Nothing gives a warm glow like a former boyfriend of your wife's reaching out to her crazy

Boy, would he be in for the surprise of his life!!!

LOL.

"Take my wife,..... Please!" ~Rodney Dangerfield. laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Nothing gives a warm glow like a former boyfriend of your wife's reaching out to her crazy

LOL.

LOL! Like the scene of Olga, in Little Big Man! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Wife and I have both been contacted by former sweethearts. In both cases they are married. My old girlfriend is a fine person and we talk or text about things all the time. She and my wife talk about things as well. No issues at all. She and her husband visit us and spend the night with us on more than one occasion. Both me and my old girlfriend have great marriages so it’s nothing to get upset about.

Wifey’s old boyfriend, while married, still has a little “thing” for her. But again, our marriage is very solid and we laugh it off. Her high school reunions are fun to go to...you can tell he’s kicking himself for letting me steal his girl. Ha.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B2

M
MMM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I said hello to a very serious old girlfriend from my college days on Facebook, no harm in that. Just Hey how you doing, hope all is well with you, best regards! Just the once, no problem.

I wouldn’t advise trying no meeting or phone call or even email though.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

LOL.

"It was Olga! She had never learned much English, but she sure as hell had learned Cheyenne."

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Or this song.... Pay close attention to the lyrics. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K

Or this song.... Pay close attention to the lyrics. grin

Oh yes, Remember that song well!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Best to sit outside her house...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I did. Junior year of college. It was under very strange circumstances. I had not parted under good circumstances with this woman. The last time I'd seen her was High School Graduation. All of a sudden, after 3 years, I started smelling her when I'd walk into a room. I kept seeing her on the street. It was spooky. I happened to be telling the story to another female friend from high school, and it turned out this had all happened while this chick had been in town visiting her folks. It was some kind of Radar Love thing. So I got her address and wrote her.

We had a relationship from '78 to '86-- just long distance phone calls and a few weeks here and there scattered over the years. I was in Cincinnati. She'd moved to the Bay Area. All of a sudden, the letters stopped. I found out later the lady who was going to become Wife 1.0 AKA Satan was intercepting the mail. I found a letter from this woman years later dated May of 86 saying that her biological clock was ticking and she wanted to have a kid by me-- no strings attached. That was right about the time I stopped hearing from her.

The strangest part of the relationship came about 1980. One night she called me about 2 in the morning, and we talked for hours. She'd gotten into cocaine really bad and was going to kill herself. I talked her down somehow. She called me the next afternoon and told me I'd saved her life. She hit the straight and narrow after that. The really crazy part of the whole thing is that I'd had a dream about her killing herself back in about 1974. We were not all that close at the time. However, the details of the dream matched her circumstances in 1980 pretty well. It was that dream, and my telling her about it that started the process of us hooking up way back in high school. I'm convinced the Good Lord meant me to save that woman's life.

She's pretty well fallen off the face of the earth. She was on the Internet at one point, but she fell off by 2003. I've got no big urge to contact her. We were never all that compatible. As far as I know the big part of the story ended in 1980.

I had the reverse happen. After Facebook started, I had all sorts of old girlfriends get in touch with me. Yikes. KYHillChick was understanding. I had no interest in any of them. One had become a spinster cat lady libtard. The other was the first chick I ever got engaged to. She had dropped me to marry my best friend-- a blind Albino database manager who was my main encouragement for getting into Data Processing. At the time, I'd just sold my first feature film script and was realizing I was not going to get rich, even if I was successful. I took his cue and took up programming. She dropped me, because he had a good healthplan at work.

I've learned to keep a 10-foot pole between me and Facebook.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Worked with a guy who went to his Wife's 40th class reunion with her.

She met a former boyfriend there, and ended up dumping her husband for this old flame.

Things don't always work out for the best, at least not for the dumped husband.

Virgil B.

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Heck yeah, go for it! What could go wrong?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by gophergunner
A few years ago, I looked up my previous girlfriend on line. Reaffirmed what I all ready knew. She most definitely had changed for the worse over the years. I'm so lucky to have married the right girl We've been together over 30 years now.

47 years with my babe! smile I do wonder what happened to them, if they had kids, etc. I went to my wife's 38yr HS Reunion and saw a few there...only a couple made it "unscathed by the ravages of time", ha. Of course, now ME, I still look the same!! smile

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Hastings
Almost nothing good could come of this.

My first thought as well.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I was really hoping for better stories from you guys on a topic like this.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I contact my high school sweetheart every day. Been doing it daily for 53 years. All the rest of the gal,s in our class are old, fat, and gossipy .
My girl is still 5'10" and 145 lbs. And my best friend!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
When I was in my early 20's, I got engaged to my girlfriend of 3 years. Right after we got engaged, her older sister left her husband and moved back home. That's when everything went to hell. Needless to say, we broke up and I never saw her again. She ended up with some dude from work that was about 10 years older than her. Then they moved to Richmond about two hours away from here, so there was never a chance of even running into her.

I always wondered how she turned out looks wise. Did she get fat and ugly, or did she stay hot? I'll probably never know.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 05/05/20.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shaman
I did. Junior year of college. It was under very strange circumstances. I had not parted under good circumstances with this woman. The last time I'd seen her was High School Graduation. All of a sudden, after 3 years, I started smelling her when I'd walk into a room. I kept seeing her on the street. It was spooky. I happened to be telling the story to another female friend from high school, and it turned out this had all happened while this chick had been in town visiting her folks. It was some kind of Radar Love thing. So I got her address and wrote her.

We had a relationship from '78 to '86-- just long distance phone calls and a few weeks here and there scattered over the years. I was in Cincinnati. She'd moved to the Bay Area. All of a sudden, the letters stopped. I found out later the lady who was going to become Wife 1.0 AKA Satan was intercepting the mail. I found a letter from this woman years later dated May of 86 saying that her biological clock was ticking and she wanted to have a kid by me-- no strings attached. That was right about the time I stopped hearing from her.

The strangest part of the relationship came about 1980. One night she called me about 2 in the morning, and we talked for hours. She'd gotten into cocaine really bad and was going to kill herself. I talked her down somehow. She called me the next afternoon and told me I'd saved her life. She hit the straight and narrow after that. The really crazy part of the whole thing is that I'd had a dream about her killing herself back in about 1974. We were not all that close at the time. However, the details of the dream matched her circumstances in 1980 pretty well. It was that dream, and my telling her about it that started the process of us hooking up way back in high school. I'm convinced the Good Lord meant me to save that woman's life.

She's pretty well fallen off the face of the earth. She was on the Internet at one point, but she fell off by 2003. I've got no big urge to contact her. We were never all that compatible. As far as I know the big part of the story ended in 1980.

I had the reverse happen. After Facebook started, I had all sorts of old girlfriends get in touch with me. Yikes. KYHillChick was understanding. I had no interest in any of them. One had become a spinster cat lady libtard. The other was the first chick I ever got engaged to. She had dropped me to marry my best friend-- a blind Albino database manager who was my main encouragement for getting into Data Processing. At the time, I'd just sold my first feature film script and was realizing I was not going to get rich, even if I was successful. I took his cue and took up programming. She dropped me, because he had a good healthplan at work.

I've learned to keep a 10-foot pole between me and Facebook.

When I saw the thread title, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.

LMAO

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Probably wouldn't be a good idea for me. There's some unfinished business involved. A month before my wedding my former called my mom wanting to know how I was doing. We had kept in contact while uncle sam was sending me to luxurious vacation spots, once I met my future wife the contact pretty much ended. I knew that she knew about the impending nuptial, my dearest mom mentioned the call in the presences of my future bride. My wife still has issues when the subject is brought up. Females can be SO territorial... grin

Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,082
Posts18,521,831
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.