Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Do you know what they call a pretty girl in Minnesota? "A tourist".

Boy isn’t that the truth

GOD Bless America
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Not true at all, but HE started it! laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Ohhhhhh Wabi with the come back slam!

Atta Boy!

lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by benchman
Weird? No. Dangerous, especially if you're married? Yup.

Dangerous if she's married too.

I always figured that I'd die at the hands of some jealous husband. Came damned close one time. It all worked out OK. There's a couple of old girl friends I'd like to see. I did see one a few years after our break up. Actually more a case of me just walking a way without saying a word. I had my reasons, irrational as they were. When I did see her again old feeling came back kind of hard on both sides. I haven't seen her since and the last time was 1966. She'd gone from pretty to drop dead gorgeous. The other would be to just talk and straighten out a misunderstanding. I am on fecesbook so if they're on there they have to know I'm still above ground. I did run into one woman who was the sister of one of my best friends way back when. Sad to say my friend and his older brother dies in a boating accident. Weather got bad and the boat sank. Her older sister has passed and she and her younger sister don't speak to each other.
I did run into an old buddy on fecesbook and tried to friend him. Guess his wife still hates my guts and I don't even know why. I never figured out why he married her as she was uglier than sin. No accounting for some people's tastes I guess.
I sure won't get into trouble with the wife as she passed over a year ago. We had 52 good years.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Quak

Boy isn’t that the truth

We gots some pretty ones here, believe it or not.:)

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
Facebook works really well in motivating me *not* to reach out to old girlfriends.

almost all of them are on facebook and they post so much stuff there is little I want to know about them.

I will say this about facebook though - one thing it has done is made me realize the good ones that I passed on for whatever reason back in the day. No regrets, just a few what if's.

Amen to that!

Got curious about an old girlfriend from high school some years ago. I found her on Facebook, complete with pictures. Wow, what a difference a few decades can make! That gorgeous young thing has now blossomed into a rather large, unrecognizable, religious zealot, that I have no interest whatsoever in reconnecting with.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Quak
My sister left her husband of 10 years for her high school boyfriend and basically torpedoed her and her children’s life.

Stay away

That sounds like a pleasant situation.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The old stogy, "Pretty is, is pretty does". The best women many of us have known may not have been a looker when young.
Ever hear, "God runs a beauty parlor"? I have seen women get prettier with age.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I've seen it too, Wabs.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Originally Posted by benchman
Weird? No. Dangerous, especially if you're married? Yup.

Dangerous if she's married too.

I always figured that I'd die at the hands of some jealous husband. Came damned close one time. It all worked out OK. There's a couple of old girl friends I'd like to see. I did see one a few years after our break up. Actually more a case of me just walking a way without saying a word. I had my reasons, irrational as they were. When I did see her again old feeling came back kind of hard on both sides. I haven't seen her since and the last time was 1966. She'd gone from pretty to drop dead gorgeous. The other would be to just talk and straighten out a misunderstanding. I am on fecesbook so if they're on there they have to know I'm still above ground. I did run into one woman who was the sister of one of my best friends way back when. Sad to say my friend and his older brother dies in a boating accident. Weather got bad and the boat sank. Her older sister has passed and she and her younger sister don't speak to each other.
I did run into an old buddy on fecesbook and tried to friend him. Guess his wife still hates my guts and I don't even know why. I never figured out why he married her as she was uglier than sin. No accounting for some people's tastes I guess.
I sure won't get into trouble with the wife as she passed over a year ago. We had 52 good years.
Paul B.

Jeepers...

IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
My wife does not like her face posted or I'd show how she looked in 1991 at age 45.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Contact them? Not a chance, my wife tends to frown on it and she knows where I sleep😀

Yup.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My wife does not like her face posted or I'd show how she looked in 1991 at age 45.

We're good Richard. Giving each other schidt is fun though!

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I met this chick my senior year and she looked good. So I took her to the Homecoming football game and then out to dinner and to the Homecoming dance later that night. This chick would not stop running her mouth and she acted like she was from Cloud 9. At the end of the night, I gave her a peck on the cheek and I got out of there like a bat out of hell. That Monday when we got back in school, I cut the line with her as nice as I could. She was real nice, but I couldn't stand being around her.

Fast forward to last Fall at our 40 year reunion. She was there, but I wasn't aware of it. She snuck up on me and caught me off guard and cornered me into a conversation with her. She still looked the same and still would not stop talking. Finally, I saw a guy I knew and yelled at him so that I could get away from her. I avoided her like the plaque the rest of the night. That's one chick I have no desire to see again.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back in the 70's we didn't have the internet, so us hard-up guys would go climb the spruce tree outside this attractive blonde's window. She always left her curtains open and I think once I got to see her in her underwear.

This isn't a "How You Chose Your Username" thread.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I had a girlfriend in high school. She was the first girl I ever dated and I was in love. Still am in love, at least in love with the girl I knew in 10th grade, 1966.
We broke up in our senior year and I have never talked to her since.
But, 4 years after high school, I had kept up with her and I knew she was going to the University of Georgia. She mailed the all-time love letter to me at my parent's house.
Said she still loved me and wanted to go out again.
Somehow, I knew exactly what was going on. Somehow, I figured, she was seriously dating a guy there at UGA and was ready to get married, but, she really wanted to marry me.
I did not want to get married I was a wild young man. I never wrote back to her. Too much water under the old bridge, I guess.

Saw her at the reunion in 1978 turns out she did marry that guy and they had a couple kids. I saw her there at the big reunion, I didn't even talk to her there. So I learned her married name.

I have looked her up on line and looked at her house on googlemaps. I was going down to central Georgia to visit some friends last October, and it turned out, her house is right on the way out on a country highway, I did drive by and look at the house at 45 mph. No way I was going to knock on that door.
Does that make me a stalker?

Yes, I am still in love with the girl I knew in 10th grade, that was a magical time, being in love for the first time.

As someone else said, and it is one of the most profound quotes of all time, from Thomas Wolfe:

"You can't go home again."

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
IMHO there are too many old fuggers still trapped in highschool.
Or college.

Pathetic

Like the Rob Lowe peaked in high school cable commercial.

I live in a smaller town now w factory jobs, fuggin losers are everywhere

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sawbuck
Back in the 70's we didn't have the internet, so us hard-up guys would go climb the spruce tree outside this attractive blonde's window. She always left her curtains open and I think once I got to see her in her underwear.

This isn't a "How You Chose Your Username" thread.

grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I had a girlfriend in high school. She was the first girl I ever dated and I was in love. Still am in love, at least in love with the girl I knew in 10th grade, 1966.
We broke up in our senior year and I have never talked to her since.
But, 4 years after high school, I had kept up with her and I knew she was going to the University of Georgia. She mailed the all-time love letter to me at my parent's house.
Said she still loved me and wanted to go out again.
Somehow, I knew exactly what was going on. Somehow, I figured, she was seriously dating a guy there at UGA and was ready to get married, but, she really wanted to marry me.
I did not want to get married I was a wild young man. I never wrote back to her. Too much water under the old bridge, I guess.

Saw her at the reunion in 1978 turns out she did marry that guy and they had a couple kids. I saw her there at the big reunion, I didn't even talk to her there. So I learned her married name.

I have looked her up on line and looked at her house on googlemaps. I was going down to central Georgia to visit some friends last October, and it turned out, her house is right on the way out on a country highway, I did drive by and look at the house at 45 mph. No way I was going to knock on that door.
Does that make me a stalker?

Yes, I am still in love with the girl I knew in 10th grade, that was a magical time, being in love for the first time.

As someone else said, and it is one of the most profound quotes of all time, from Thomas Wolfe:

"You can't go home again."

I tried. Kinda worked, kinda didn't. I ended up leaving what is probably the kindest human being in the world. #2 is better in some ways, but she isn't in the same league for sheer niceness. Of course, it's not that simple. There were a lot of reasons. Everyone will live, but I did the ex dirty, and she didn't deserve that. Shoulda dealt with the problems.

Last edited by benchman; 05/05/20.
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 007FJ, 2500HD, 219DW, 10gaugeman, 65 invisible), 1,792 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,071
Posts18,521,675
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.