Well I bought a bunch of 7MM 130 gr. Speer HotCor flat bases from someone on the Campfire and decided to relieve some boredom. 1 1/2 boxes of them are the old style in the yellow boxes and the rest are in the newer black boxes. The older version being shorter and somewhat less sleek looking were the ones I started with. I tested BLC2 and IMR 4895 under it. The BLC2 was a lot more blasty and did not provide the velocity I was looking for so I loaded 41.0 grs of 4895 and increments in .5 grains up to 45.0 grains. I was looking for 2800 fps and got 2825fps out of my 19 inch barrel with 44.0 grs. so I started there. First testing centered on water jugs. The older version would come apart and mostly end up in the second jug with a piece of core completely penetrating the third jug. The newer version from the black boxes acted like a real hunting bullet and held together blasting and splitting all three jugs and sticking in the 3/4 inch plywood backing I use to hold my targets. Did both bullets twice and the new version retained 77 grs and 68 grs of when weighed. To be fair in the old Speer manuals the 130 is considered a varmint bullet. So now for accuracy testing. My brass collection for the 7x57 is a mess. PMC, Federal, Winchester, Hornady, Sellior&Bellot and Remington. Both bullets shot as well as could be expected using the mixed brass, near an inch but not quite. I have decided to toss the S&B brass, had it since 1993 what is left of it anyway. In fact all of my brass is old maybe i should toss it all and get some Privi Partisan and see how it works. In fact my pitiful brass collection is why my 7x57 ended up on the semi retired list. Does anyone know if the Privi Partisan brass uses US dimensions for the extractor groove?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]