I was pretty sure that was a 9mm, very quick shot to shot recovery times.

JWP, as to shot placement, what my eyes saw, the first two likely missed, the first looked low and left and the 2nd left, look at the angle of the gun, and you seem to can tell a slight impact on the first shot. The 3rd hit, look at his face, the fourth on the upper right side of his chest, the 5th looked near the same area, perhaps in the neck/throat. All 3 I'd call center of mass.......and obviously sufficient, and statistically, he connected 60% of the 5 shots, so probably better than many situations....no doubt the guy was coming in a direct line.

SO what we can learn from this:

Having a gun in hand, proper 2 hand hold and stance was very critical
Fast repeat shots helped, one did not stop him the 2nd dropped him and he dropped the knife, the 5th shot was already in motion as the officer was going to not stop until the threat was over, and he was not sure when he was pulling that 4th shot the guy would stop or drop.

Could very well be a suicide, sad this ended this way, but the officer was completely justified. Yes, I counted about 9 paces or so, likely long, so 10 paces would have had the perp on the officer.....with a knife. Quickly indeed. 3 seconds max, and surely under, watch the clock.

On the comment about a heavy Glock trigger, I cannot see where the trigger slowed him down, or ruined the day, under stress, I am sure that trigger pull weight was never noticed one bit. Just my .02

Last edited by 65BR; 05/12/20.