While they don't seem very popular these days the half stock Hawken style rifles have all ways appealed to me. When I was a young guy 50 year back my younger brother and I put together a CVA Kentucky kit gun in 45 cal. We shot it and hated it,the inside of the barrel was rough and it fouled out by 4 shots. We just didn't know that wasn't that bad. Was awhile before I bought another 50 cal T/C Hawken,shot ok but it just didn't grab me. Somewhere in there CVA STARTED PEDDLING THEIR Mtn rifle kits but I remembered how rough the inside of the barrel that Kentucky was and didn't bite. I remember the first CVA BIG BOAR 58 cal I saw . Damn near bought it, I was reaching for my cash and the guy laughed and said it was sold an hr ago ,he left it to pickup on his way out. Years later my brother brought out a new inline T/C Firehawk? In 58 cal with maxi's damn that spoke hard. On the hunt for a 58 since then. A drop in 58 barrel for one of my Hawkens if a guy could find one these days prolly north of $400 mute point I've never seen one. So the other day I wandered into the local lgs where I do business and notice a Hawken style ml so I got a hold of it and what the hell it's a 58. Bore looked good and nice walnut made in Italia for Cabelas long before the asspro connection. No ramrod but the rest is 95%+ shape $250 & tax otd. Had some 570 balls and patches, popped a cap on the nipple and cleared the vent.120 grs Fg and tight patched ball ,damn it's a bear rifle. So now we got another adventure for retirement. I'm 3 days into it and a dreaming like a damn kid again.MB

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 05/13/20.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "