Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by avonac
I can not think of a single reason I would trust a SCCY with my life. There is a reason they are cheap. If I was getting robbed and I pulled a Sccy out in self defense, I would expect the robber to give me $10, a hug and promise to put me on his prayer list.

Gun snob! I gotta pull out a 1K-2K pistol for self defense or pay the guy I pull it on 10 bucks. LMAO, you just might get put on ignore like Deflave. Post on a thread with nothing to offer other than speculation, supposition and pure BS. No practical experience to what the OP was asking. I carry G26, Kimber, Walther and a few others that cost more, but if all I had was the money for a SCCY then that’s better than nothing. Damn man if you can’t post something pertinent don’t post, keep your fugging mouth shut. That’s something the flavor hasn’t learned.

That’s not being a gun snob, that’s just making good decisions. I have shot the sccy. I worked on a government range. Vendors always brought guns by. Somehow one of these got dropped off. Several instructors shot it. There was nothing about that gun that would lend itself to a defensive role. Being cheap should not be the primary concern. If money is an issue, police trade in Glock 22’s and new S&W shields can be had for the same or very close. Buy a used gun, save more money or whatever. This is something you are betting your life on.
That’s not speculation, supposition or BS.