Originally Posted by MOGC
Their insurance sucks. Years ago we had vehicle insurance with The Hartford.
My son was sitting in a line of traffic at a stop light. He was struck in the rear by an uninsured driver that was traveling an estimated 45 mph. The impact drove my son's truck into the vehicle sitting in front of him at the light. Highway Patrol actually witnessed the wreck and worked the scene. Days later The Hartford insurance guy came and looked over my son's truck. The insurance adjuster commented on how cute the girl was that was in the car in front of my son. The adjuster had just came from looking over her vehicle too. It was an off the cuff odd comment in the conversation. The end result was that insurance adjuster assigned 33% of the accident to my son and cancelled our insurance. I read the report and spoke to the troopers that witnessed the accident. My son had no blame in this accident. I had a very heated conversation with The Hartford about it but the adjuster wouldn't budge so that was that and good riddance. Azzhole...

I had a similar situation with Amica insurance. I was in a rental vehicle and some jackass here in EP just stopped in the middle of the street, as they're wont to do here in this stinkin' town. He was just sitting there in his truck, talking on his phone, without a care in the world. I waited a minute, honked, waited another minute, honked again at the basterd, but he wouldn't move. Then I laid on the horn and the jackass still wouldn't move. When I attempted to drive around him he turned into me, ripped of the front bumper and crushed the front left quarter panel of my rental vehicle. The was a complete azzhole since he clearly knew I was there. I spoke to the adjuster and a manager at Amica and they both readily agreed that I was not at fault. Weeks later, I found that then then changed their tune and ruled that I was at fault! I made no progress with Amica - I even spoke to the mgr that had previously agreed that I was not at fault. Amica lost me as a customer that day and I immediately switched to USAA.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue