I have a brother in law with the same truck. He bought it new and it has been a great truck. But I wouldn't put that much money in it. My BIL is going with a 1/2 ton next time, probably with the 3.5 turbo.

If I needed a 3/4 ton I'd be looking at F250's with gas engines. I don't really NEED one, but have been looking at going that way next time. I can get a 2017 or 2018 4X4 Supercrew cab with the 6.2 gas engine for $30,000, maybe less. I haven't really priced anything older, but I'm betting you can get one 7-8 years old around $20,000. I'd rather do that than put that much in a 21 year old truck.

They are rated to tow 14,000 lbs and actually have the payload to do it. Most F250's with diesel engines are RATED to tow more, but the heavier engine and other components limit payload so you're overloaded with much over 10,000 lbs in most of them.

Fuel mileage will be worse, but with diesel costing $1 more per gallon you'll never break even with diesel. Everyone I know with a diesel is going to gas next time if they haven't already. Diesel is no longer economically feasible. All the school buses, ambulances, and many medium duty bigger commercial trucks are going to gas now. I just don't see it anymore for any non-commercial use.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.