Did a double take when I saw Windsor NY mentioned... somewhat familiar with that area. For those not, it is nothing like Windsor, Ontario. It's a small town, primarily a railroad, logging and stone quarry town, always had a sort of rough reputation. My maternal grandparents lived in a little hamlet outside there by the name of Oquaga. My grandfather had a hunting camp on the Susquehanna River beyond Deposit a ways, in the town of Hancock. It was a two story wooden frame place, living spaces downstairs, barracks style sleeping accommodations upstairs...off the grid before that was a thing. My cousin and I used to fish smallmouths in the river, the other side was Pennsylvania.

I friggin' LOVE New York State, prettiest State in the Union, its just the gun laws, politics and taxes I cannot abide.

...and the Hancock Diner was a must-stop-in anytime we or I was heading up Rt 17 cool

I have heard Sunday afternoon traffic jams heading back to the NYC area extend all the way up past Middletown towards Monticello now, but the place is beautiful yet.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744