Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Did a double take when I saw Windsor NY mentioned... somewhat familiar with that area. For those not, it is nothing like Windsor, Ontario. It's a small town, primarily a railroad, logging and stone quarry town, always had a sort of rough reputation. My maternal grandparents lived in a little hamlet outside there by the name of Oquaga. My grandfather had a hunting camp on the Susquehanna River beyond Deposit a ways, in the town of Hancock. It was a two story wooden frame place, living spaces downstairs, barracks style sleeping accommodations upstairs...off the grid before that was a thing. My cousin and I used to fish smallmouths in the river, the other side was Pennsylvania.

I friggin' LOVE New York State, prettiest State in the Union, its just the gun laws, politics and taxes I cannot abide.

...and the Hancock Diner was a must-stop-in anytime we or I was heading up Rt 17 cool

I have heard Sunday afternoon traffic jams heading back to the NYC area extend all the way up past Middletown towards Monticello now, but the place is beautiful yet.

Holy Schit! I used to the Hancock Diner when I was a kid. Loved it up there! Loved the whole area!

It’s funny how these things go but I was just discussing this with a buddy last night. If I could go back in time and see a place before humans fuggEd it up, it would be the upper and lower Hudson Valley.

😃🤣