Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by JSmith62198
I was super lucky and was drawn for a firearm bull tag for the first week. Anyone have any guide suggestions?

LMO - Lost Mountain Outfitter always got good reviews, and posted up nice "Hero Pictures" when I followed the KY Hunting forum on a regular basis. Not cheap. But seem to have good success rate.

Originally Posted by pointer
Just say no to a point system! Whether that be preference or bonus. The pure random draw is the fairest, simplest way to administer a draw.

As someone who has contributed to the KY Elk Draw every year for the past 20 years, generally contributing to EVERY OPTION for most of those 20 years, I strongly disagree...

I've read that their were something like 90K applicants for 600 tags. A points system, even a preference points system, would not improve your odds much an in no way would guarantee that you'd draw. But, would likely make sure that those that come after you have even worse odds than you did for the past 20yrs. I play the points game in multiple states as that's the hand I'm dealt, but I am not a fan at all of them.