Originally Posted by Oregon45
Originally Posted by Esox357
Im really lookimg hard at the HK USP Expert now as well. I hope the trigger is good or can be tuned if not?

I found the trigger on mine to be good out of the box; it is H&K's match trigger with an overtravel stop. I've found the single action pull to be crisp and usable; the DA pull is a bit heavy--and nowhere near as smooth as my tuned Beretta 92's--but that's because it's an H&K. Don't expect the greatest trigger in the world. Do expect ridiculous accuracy right out of the box, in a gun that is more durable than just about anything else out there.

Edited to add: The USP can be switched out to H&K's LEM trigger, and, using the match trigger and other parts, you get an "LEM Match Hybrid" trigger that some find to be ideal for the platform. For my Expert, however, I've chosen to stick with the DA/SA Match setup the gun came with because I primarily shoot the gun single action only, using the thumb safety like a 1911.

There are target 9mm's out there with better triggers--most 1911s, for instance, and tuned Beretta's or CZ 75's. But the best reason to buy an H&K USP is that the guns just work. No messing around, no aftermarket parts, no special gunsmiths, no variability between years of manufacture. Just buy and shoot.

Would a smith be able to tune trigger or replace on HK? Eow thst

Wow that DZ looks awesome. May have to buy 2