I worked on my barrel for quite a while. Got it to the point where it "patterned" nicely at 50 yards. Finally, re-barreled.
If you do re-barrel several things:
Commonly available 1/9 twist probably won't stabilize the big 156/160 grain bullets especially at the lower velocities.
I used a 1/9 twist barrel. Rifle shoots best with 129 and 140 grain bullets with 129's having the edge.
Left-hand threads.
Not quite square threads. Not Acme but there is a slight taper.
The image in the Frank de Haas book, " Bolt Action Rifles " shows the extractor cut incorrectly.
I read somewhere that one rebarrel technique is to use a Swedish 96 barrel. The original Krag barrel stub is bored and threaded on the inside. The Swedish 96 barrel is then cut, machined to diameter and threaded to match the inside threads of the original Krag barrel stub. Probably still needs a reamer and headspace gauge to get things right but a lower cost way to get a fast twist barrel. Questionable economics if you are paying someone to do the machine work..
By the way, mine will jam about every third round if I use US made ammo with the smaller case-head. Lapua with the true dimensions works fine.
Probably, my favorite rifle.