Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
This idea that gas goes bad in weeks is absurd.

Gas today is far better than it was.

No one says the words Gum or Varnish any more.

You must have better quality gas than we do. I agree that the six week figure I've saw on the net is crazy but gummed up carbs are still big business for some of the small engine shops around here. Just about a month ago I remembered that I hadn't emptied the can of gas for my push mower, just from the smell of it I wouldn't use it in a small engine. It had set since probably late August or early September in my garage out of sunlight. Dumping it in my truck to mix with the other 20 some gallons in it at the time wasn't a problem. Untreated gas I usually dump in the truck after about three months, including the two cycle fuel. With ethanol free gas so hard for me to get I'd like to be able to keep it for at least six months, preferably longer. The ethanol free gas will only be for the pre mix fuel for the saw and weedeater.

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org