xxclaro;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day was a good one for you on the other side of the big hills and that this finds you well.

Thanks for the thread and thanks to those who've added to it as well of course. If nothing else, it gives us some comic relief from listening to "experts" and/or politicians guess on the radio all day.

The mention of radio is that for the most part I've abandoned TV news as I've lost a taste for fiction somehow.

Anyway, the other morning one of my neighbors - we'll call him Bob - retired realtor/RCMP and a few other things, but really fine chap - so Bob and the chocolate lab are walking past as I'm doing some fire suppression pruning and select logging on the road side at the top of our driveway.

As is his custom, he stops for a visit and we solve the problems of the world and shoot the male bovine excrement for a bit.

While we're doing so, a lady drives by in a Honda CRV - could be she's a nurse who looks in on another neighbor who is 96 and still living on her own - not sure - but she drives past us with a paper mask on her face AND one of those clear flip up face shields we'd use if we were running the 5" angle grinder sorta thing. Windows are all up in the CRV - I'd guess it was only a couple years old so likely a cabin air filter too?

Anyway Bob looks at me, I look at Bob and there's two old guys laughing so hard we both had to grab the sides of the utility trailer I was filling with wood!

Poor chocolate lab looked back and forth at us all concerned - perhaps it was a medical sensitivity trained animal and knew one of us might stroke out we were laughing so hard?

Bob has a more colorful vocabulary than I do, so I'll not repeat the biblical reference he made, but it included deities, apostles and a few other random bystanders in the description.

Honestly I don't believe we've had a death in the south valley from it, maybe not even a case of beer virus, so for the most part we're trying to keep things as normal as the feds and fruitcakes in Victoria deign acceptable behavior.

Thanks again for the thread sir, have a good summer and stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"