Here's a request for advice concerning a scope for shooting hogs at night. The situation is that we have educated our feral hogs to a point where they are totally nocturnal and extremely wary. In other words we only have the smartest ones left but there are plenty still around. Our method of late has been to dig post holes and put corn in them to make them work for the bait and stay in place a while. In the past I've used solar driveway lights to let me know they are present and a motion detector green light by Elusive Wildlife Tech. to provide light enough to shoot a hog at 200 plus yards in the dark. That coupled with a Leupold VX-R 4-12 firedot has worked fine. We have to stay across a wide bayou to keep the hogs from coming in downwind and can only hunt when the breeze is favorable, their main protection is their nose. The hogs we have left are completely allergic to light so now the plan is to put up a camera that will notify us when animals are present and show on a smart phone whether they are deer or hogs. All of this is background that leads to the question of what sort of night vision scope is available that will definitely clearly identify a target as a hog at 250 yards, will hold zero, and will not put me into bankruptcy. I can claim it as a business expense but 4 or 5 thousand dollars is not acceptable. Under a thousand would be nice.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."