Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I read that story several days ago, the woman was in Yellowstone illegally since it was closed, was trying to take a selfie at Old Faithful and fell in to the thermal pool.
Then, she drove 50 miles before she got caught by Park Rangers, and then airlifted to the burn unit.

I bet she doesn't do that again. If she survives. To figure the chance of survival, you take the percent of the body with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. Let say that is 50 percent. Then you add to that the person's age. Let's say this stupid gal is 30. Her score is 80. She has an 80 percent chance of dying.
But, not right away, no that would be too easy. Might take 3 or 4 days, or even weeks of agonizing suffering before she dies.

I worked many bad burns as a paramedic and it is a horrible way to die. I don't know how she managed to drive the 50 miles to Mammoth Hot Springs. I drove that same road a year ago, twisty twisty curvy road.

I think, if I remember correctly it is kidney failure and or sepsis that kills burn injuries.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.