That’s a great looking rifle.

My only caution would be not so much that they are rough and don’t look so pretty when you get them, but by the time you fill some voids and what have you the ounces can creep up.

Edited to add: the last BP stocks I ordered, a Kevlar and a fiberglass, my leaky memory recalls that they were about 5 ounces difference in weight as blanks. The Kevlar definitely takes more fill and more time to finish. Keeping in mind that we are paying a premium for the Kevlar stock, not to mention higher finishing costs if you hire a stock guy, if the stock guy is not careful and starts to make up that 5 ounce difference in weight finishing the Kevlar, it raises the question of is it worth it to go Kevlar in the first place. Kevlar is definitely stiffer, but you could argue that being stiffer it doesn’t soak up recoil as well as fibreglass which theoretically flexes a bit. All sorts of mental masturbation on this issue! grin

Last edited by RickF; 05/22/20.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.