Originally Posted by sbrmike
I hate to ask the obvious, but why don't you just swap the shrouds and internals? No muss no fuss. You may have to lap the threads in with valve grinding compound if it doesn't want to screw on easily. Rarely, and I mean very rarely, a mauser shroud won't index, but even those are usually very easy to fit.

There is something odd about the bolt that came in the rifle. I put a commercial style shroud and striker in it, but the cocking surface on the bolt is shorter than a standard Interarms MK X. The result is when I close the bolt there is about an 1/8 inch of "cock on close" that draws the striker all the way back once the striker contacts the trigger. Never encountered one like it. Perhaps it's a modified military bolt? as it worked correctly with the military shroud and striker and trigger.

In these pics you can see the difference in the bolt bodies. The one with the non blued shroud is the one that came with the gun. The one with the blued shroud is from my Interarms MK X 7mm mag. The last pic you can see how much further back the striker is on the Interarms assembly.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by weagle; 05/25/20.