John,
I am beginning to use the new clear stuff in the metal bottle - never used any of the older stuff but have poured over all the historical instructions and threads. I have no trouble cleaning to bare steel and have a borescope to verify that job.
I have a question on the latest set of instructions that are printed on the back of the new Dyna-Tek Bore Coat packaging.
My question is with steps 3 and 4:
1. Unload...blah...blah
2. Gently shake …(this is interesting since the older instructions said to shake well for two minutes)
3. Dip a bore mop into the liquid, and remove excess product on the mop.
4. Insert the bore mop and run it the entire length of the bore toward the muzzle in 2-4" strokes. Pull back to the chamber in a single stroke. Repeat this process three (3) times, leaving a very thin coat.
5. Wipe, & dry, muzzle down, etc.
6. Shoot...

If I follow this to the letter, I dip the mop only the one time (step 3), then do the swabbing 3 times (step 4), without ever re-dipping the mop, since step 4 seems to be the "this process" referenced. But this seems to leave a REALLY thin coat and previous versions of the instructions indicated a second wetting. Also, reading satisfied customers descriptions of their techniques indicates maybe a little (or a lot) more of the stuff put in the bore.

Should I dip the mop prior to every swabbing or just once?

Thanks,
Rex