Originally Posted by TRexF16
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I've used plain old cotton patches rather than bore-mops, as long as the patches fit relatively loosely in the bore.The biggie, in my experience, is is not the particular applicator, but being sure the DBC ends up in a thin layer through out the bore. (As a side-note, have seen plenty of "experts" who think a really tight patch works better both for cleaning bores and applying DBC. Instead it means most of the solvent or DBC is squeezed out of the bore.)

Yeah, I coated the bore on my 9.3x62 and my sense was too much of the DBC was getting squeegeed out by the bore mop, which keeps getting drier as you go through the three repetitions of the application stroke without re-dipping the mop.
Maybe when they wrote "Repeat this process three (3) times..." what they really meant was "Repeat steps 3 and 4 three (3) times...."
One reason I was suspicious is because the bottle says "treats up to five firearms", and following their instructions, even on the big 9.3x62, used up almost none of it.
It can be a challenge to write instructions or specifications that mean exactly what they're intend them to mean.

Any other experienced DBC users have an input on this too?

Thanks,
Rex

The idea is to dip the bore mop only once at the outset of the application, and to run the mop through the bore 3 times. As mentioned in the directions, the intent is to ensure a very thin layer of the coating is evenly applied to the bore, with the notion that less is more.