Originally Posted by renegade50
Pretty broad job title from pnuematics to electronics and everything in between .
Dont see alot of entry level positions.
Most of the ones I have ever browsed look like they want 3 to 5 yrs experience in ALOT of things and be able to hit the ground running
day 1.
27 to 32 an hour to start around here from what I have looked at.
Seems like vacancies are open when a really experienced guy retires and a company is scrambling to fill his shoes so production is not slowed down. JMO....

This describes it pretty well. When I started it was hard to get in as they were basically looking for a 25 year old with 30 yrs. of experience. Took all kinds of vocational courses plus correspondence courses to get my foot in the door and get hired into the apprentice program.

Some industries are now getting the tech schools to do these one year courses even in high school to start young folks in a background . They will then test these participants in these programs and take the cream of that crop to hire and finish their formal training often times requiring them to work two to three years in the hiring industry to pay for this education. It can be a sweet gig with no where to go but up if you have the talent for it...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~