You’d need a bench top mini-mill... but be warned if you get one you’ll just end up buying a bigger one later.

Here is my experience -

I bought EXACTLY what you are talking about a 150 dollar bench top drill press... (**Read there are some injury’s here)..

I did that when I was young and naive - Then I proceeded to get pillars and a end mill cutting head to put in in them in the stock.
I bought a cheap vise and bolted it to the drill so it could hold a stock.

Then I put that good old end mill in the drill press head and started cutting out my pillar holes ....

About 20 seconds in I moved the stock or something and the side ways pressure on the drill press caused the chuck to come off the drill press while it was running, and I was holding the stock by the vice.

I naturally let go of the drill press handle and the spindle lifted up letting the chuck still spinning fast start flying around the open part of the stock taking huge gouges out of the stock, until it finally worked its way out and up to the top of my hand where it took some really nice chunks of skin our of my thumb and pointer finger.

A DRILL PRESS CHUCK is a Taper and will fall off when doing MILL WORK - DO NOT DO THIS or you can easily get hurt... I did.. .

Ah youth... that was decades ago.. but I still have the scars

Last edited by Spotshooter; 05/28/20.