I've had them since '99 and raised a couple litters. One is snoozing under my chair as I write this. I love the breed but each pup is an individual and hard to generalize personality. Very intelligent, all that I've known have had a very strong hunting/pointing instinct. From my own experience they are not a good breed to kennel or tie out, they want/need to be with their people. There are two schools of Griffon breeding, one that adheres to the original Korthals developed breed, and a more recent linage crossed with the Cesky Fousek. They are all under the umbrella of "Wirehaired Pointing Griffon" and there's still a lot of friction between the two groups. Most people don't know or care however there may be a difference in how they act in the field. Best to look at the parents and see if their style matches your wants. My first Griff, from French Canadian bloodlines, conformed more to the original breed and was great in the thick stuff for ruftails and timberdoodles. She didn't do well on wild pheasants, she was too slow and deliberate in working out the scent trail and they'd run away before she could pin them down.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn