Rick,

I've been having a problem with icons and the Campfire logo appearing where I should see other images like avatars. Then I hit F5 for a refresh and the page usually renders correctly. Or sometimes just the images change. Also on the big editor the smily menu sometimes the smily I get isn't the one I selected.

I only get this on the Campfire. Guessing it's my problem 'cuz I see no other complaints.

I suspect a corrupt rendering engine or some mysterious config option. One hint is it also happens on Firefox forks. The easy refresh my browser option is no help. So it's looking like a full uninstall/reinstall which will pretty much eat up an afternoon getting addons, bookmarks, passwords, etc. restored. Any hints you may have would be much appreciated.

And that's what I'll do if you have nothing to add. Funny, way back OS9 on the Tandy/Radio Shack Color Computer ran a CRC before opening a file. Apparently Windows doesn't. Never saw it complain but for a FAT/NTFS fault anyway. Thanks.

Dell desktop
Windows 7 Pro
Firefox - latest version

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.