I am looking at booking with C Lazy U Outfitters for the 2021 2nd or 3rd rifle Elk season. They offer 1x1 guided Elk hunts from a cabin base camp on mostly private land. I realize most people will argue against this style of hunting or operation. However, the reason I am considering it is that my wife wants to go with me and she will not agree to camping or packing in. She wants this to be a vacation where she gets to relax, read books, take baths, go horseback riding, and have a spa day or three. I get to go elk hunting. Happy wife, happy life.

Add in to this that it will be my first elk hunt coming from Texas where we hunt whitetails from stands/blinds generally over fed corn and the whitetails are very, very numerous. I don't have the experience or knowledge to be successful going DIY and don't have a group I could go with to learn. So, I was probably going to end up with a guided hunt anyway. I intend to pick the brain of my guide as much as possible and do a lot of research prior to going.

All that above, does anyone have any direct experience with the guided elk hunts that C Lazy U Outfitters does or with the C Lazy U Ranch itself? Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give me.

Cross-posted to TexasBowHunter as well in case you see it there.