Originally Posted by ro1459
That seems very expensive for that part of Colorado. Under, "what we provide" they do not say that they include meals? Is that right?

I do not know exactly what they include. Their price is for a private land 1x1 guided hunt. It's not overly expensive for that. I do not know if it includes lodging or food. I have yet to ask them anything directly. I was hoping someone here might have hunted with them or know someone who has before I directly engage them.

Originally Posted by ro1459
You might consider, trying to book a place at JBARH Outfitters out of Meeker. Let your wife stay in Steamboat Springs and have a great time, while you are out hunting with one of the best outfitters in the state.

I would gladly hunt with Jeanne if it was just me going. However, this trip will be a trip taken with my wife. She wants to go somewhere that we can spend time together, not apart. That is why I am looking at private ranch hunts as they tend to have lodging/amenities as well as hunting. I am open to other ranches/outfitters, but they seem few and far between in Colorado from my research. So, if anyone has recommendations on places that will meet my wife's needs while also offering me the opportunity to hunt elk, it would be appreciated.

In researching C Lazy U fairly heavily using Google, I have found exactly 4 "reviews" of them for hunting. 1 is from a big game hunting agent that booked a hunt at C Lazy U for a client. Another is from an article where the author hunted mule deer there with Brett Favre at Remington's behest. The last 2 were on TripAdvisor. 1 good and 1 bad review. The good review didn't say if they were successful and the bad review said his father saw one elk and had an inexperienced guide. I was also able to find a 6 minute video from a young lady who was there hunting with a group. Again, no information on if the hunt was successful or not, but they did see elk.