The same thing happened in Cleveland, Ohio. First the blacks moved into some formerly white neighborhoods. The crime skyrocketed. Then there was a race riot. Finally there was court-ordered forced bussing, which was supposed to "integrate" all the schools (it didn't).

To stem the flight of whites, the city passed a law that all city employees had to live in the city. After a few years the courts threw it out.

Housing values deteriorated, of course. I know guys who couldn't move because their houses were underwater. Services were cut. If you called the cops, they didn't show up.

The population of Cleveland is just over 1/3 of what it was in the 1950 census. It went from the sixth largest city in the USA to the third largest in Ohio.

So where did they go? Mostly to the outer suburbs. Many decent blacks moved too. Curiously,, the blacks and the whites tended, mostly, to move to different suburbs.

I am personally responsible for moving 400 manufacturing jobs out of the city. Not to Idaho, the South, Florida, or China. We stayed in the same county. I was amazed at how productivity improved and how much easier it was to hire employees.

Incidentally, I grew up in a city called East Cleveland, Ohio. It had 38,000 people. Now it has 18,000. My high school was ranked third best in the state. Last year it ranked 607 out of 608.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.