Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by jaguartx
[
Police set up sniper nests at several locations around town. After 2 or 3 gun or knife wielding perps got popped, such crime dropped drastically and the local NAACP got the practice blocked as it deprived many US citizens from their pursuit of their American dream of Life, Libery and Pursuit of happiness.

So Austin police snipers shot several the knife wielding perps from distance? Since the NNAAACP got involved, there must be a trail or record of this. Was the snipers name Whitman, by chance?

No. I was there in 69 when James Street took UT to the 14-13 National Champ win, 3 years after Whitman. It was my junior year when I was surprised to learn I had been accepted a year early and with no college degree to atrend graduate school at the UofH College of Optometry. I had applied prematurely on a whim.
I'm sure there are records of the several snipers nests and their effectiveness manned by police sharpshooters.
I dont know how much they have tried to cover up that apparent "blight" on the now PC Austin, Texas govt.
It wasnt highly advertised then.

Can you imagine having an AA robbing you at midnight outside a convenience store when like a speeding bullet the perp was taken out. I never noticed that any robbery victims required, requested or got psychological help dealing with the trauma of being able to keep their watch or billfold.

Of course, red necks like me and other Texas boys were unhappy to see the program fall by the wayside.

Unfortunately, progress must at times digress.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/30/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin