Originally Posted by BRLMKR
Not a Kimber Hunter, but I sent my Kimber Subalpine in 30/06 to JES. Had Jesse punch it out to a 35 Whelan , cut off the threads at the muzzle and recrown. Barrel ended at 23 1/4". I remounted the scope that was previously on (Leupold VX2 3-9x40) on low Talley lights. The 84L fits me so well I did not want to change any dimensions. All up scope, rings, sling and a full mag it is 6 lbs. For Calif. hunting (no lead) it shoots a Barnes 225 gr @ 2625 fps, and out of state a Woodleigh 250 RN @ 2506. I think, for me, balance is perfect and as I previously mentioned, throw it up and the crosshairs are on what I am looking at with my naked eye. Have fun with whatever you choose! Terry

That sounds like a beautiful setup! That is 2.72kg in our scales laugh

You have your woodys humming! That would hit hard!! I’ll run my 250 grain Woodleighs(RNSN) at about the 2300/2400fps mark. At these speeds & in my 9.3x62’s(286’s RNSN) they do a good job on our big deer, marginal meat damage & most importantly for me, it doesn’t ring my ears after the shot.
I use to hunt with magnums...but these days I’ll be hard pressed to go back that way with my 9.3’s & Whelen wink

Taking my rifle for a walk