it depends on the wake boat. I for one think wake boats are stupid. all they do is offer, wake boarding, surfing and skiing. you have to be nazi about not ripping the props out the bottom. they are difficult to pull up to a beach. i think its one of those look cool on the lake kind of things. but they sure are popular around here. I for one need to have an outdrive that can be trimmed. some of those wake boats, in particular the older ones ride very low in the water. Most of the new ones have higher sides, but some of the old ones if you got too many people in the bow, a small wake could easily come over the bow and if the boat is underway it could easily turn the boat into a submarine for a short period of time.

the trimmed outdrive allows you to trim the bow up and handle wakes, inclement weather and waves with relative ease. it also allows pulling on on a beach, etc. I scratch my head on why people have to have wake boats. If you are buying a new boat in my area, the wake boat style probably sells 4:1 more boats. oh one other thing, they aint fast either. about 38 mph is about all you get. oh another negative I forgot they aren't easy to manuever around the dock of on a trailer. kinda hard to reverse the things with much accuracy. a 22 foot boat is a large boat. 10 people is probably more than plenty.