Originally Posted by drover
I have had better luck with LC brass than I have with commercial, I get better longevity out of it and the price is right. The only down side is that sometimes range pickup brass has been fired in an rifle with an excessively large chamber and it does size down enough at the base to chamber in a smaller chamber - in that case just toss that piece.
Get a primer pocket reamer that fits into an electric drill and it makes opening the primer pockets quick and easy.

drover

I really like LC brass and recently I got a bunch the 18 as well. It is worth the time to resize it and cut out the primer pocket. If you have a drill press just chuck your chamfer tool in it and cut out the crimp. It only takes a touch and it's gone. There are tools that are specifically designed for that job but I have done hundreds (thousands) with the chamfer tool and a drill press. Drover is right about an over sized chamber but I usually find I put a pressure dent in the shoulder squeezing it down so far if it's stretched brass. (mostly machine gun brass) It will shoot anyway. LC brass grows more after the first couple of shots because it has some extra material in the case. I use a Crow World's Finest Trimmer (WFT) to keep the length in check after every load.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.