Originally Posted by EdM
We are doing our regular (3-4 years) evaluation of insurance (homes, vehicles and umbrella) and received a very solid quote from Farm Bureau. Does anyone here have experience with them? Particularly on the claims front.

Absolutley, been with them since I got my first DL. They have paid me fairly for three totaled vehicles, including one hail damaged which we bought back and drove into the ground.

They paid for water damage in the home twice from separate plumbing incidents. The last time I turned about $5K back to them as not needed to effect repairs.

Nobody can come close to their rates. I have had three of the biggies try to sell me insurance. I show them my policy, and my rate. They just shut up and go away.

A couple years ago, I got a check back at the end of the year for $300. FB had a good year with fewer claims than expected. Everyone got a refund.

FB insurance has great firearms coverage. They do not ask for any ID of the weapons covered. My home, contents, and firearms are all covered at full replacement cost. Not some lowball, depreciated value made up by an agent.

You can not go wrong with FB of Idaho.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.