Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Originally Posted by AZmark
[quote=DMc][quoteAZmark]Here's mine. 10+ years in the garage.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Why keep a classic stuck in a garage for 10+ years? Is it too meticulous to maintain?

DMc....Man I guess you're right! I should'nt have taken that long to do a frame off, blast/powder coat frame, rebuild all mechanical, disc brake upgrades and new brake lines, rebuilt 351W, upgrade to 2 speed transfer case, new wiring, repair rust, vintage air conditioner install, body work, paint, new glass, new uphostery and dash, and the list goes on.......and on....when doing it right.

So what do you think? I shouldve got it done in 6 months.

Lol, I think he thought that you meant that you have kept it in the garage for 10 years after you restored it, not that it took you 10 years to do it.
Looks nice by the way, I like it.

Exactly. I thought you meant it was gathering dust for 10+ years. Trying to answer the question myself, I thought it might be to much of a burden, running down long discontinued parts to the point that it's not practical to use it as a daily driver.

Originally Posted by DMc
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Originally Posted by AZmark
[quote=DMc]
[quoteAZmark]Here's mine. 10+ years in the garage.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Why keep a classic stuck in a garage for 10+ years? Is it too meticulous to maintain?

DMc....Man I guess you're right! I should'nt have taken that long to do a frame off, blast/powder coat frame, rebuild all mechanical, disc brake upgrades and new brake lines, rebuilt 351W, upgrade to 2 speed transfer case, new wiring, repair rust, vintage air conditioner install, body work, paint, new glass, new uphostery and dash, and the list goes on.......and on....when doing it right.

So what do you think? I shouldve got it done in 6 months.

Lol, I think he thought that you meant that you have kept it in the garage for 10 years after you restored it, not that it took you 10 years to do it.
Looks nice by the way, I like it.

Exactly. I thought you meant it was gathering dust for 10+ years. Trying to answer the question myself, I thought it might be to much of a burden, running down long discontinued parts to the point that it's not practical to use it as a daily driver.

Actually I knew what you meant but just had to be a sarcastic beech once in a while. And actually it was 9 yrs and it did take me too long. Hard to keep focused with family, Gkids, hunting, fishing, etc.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box