Originally Posted by jimy
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I am assuming the last round fired? Hope so. break the gun open, cock the hammer, point in a safe direction and pull the trigger. If nothing happens take the upper off the lower, try an put a thin bladed flat screwdriver into the space between BCG and frame and see if you can force it back some. As always I remain perplexed, in several dozen of these guns built or bought I just dont have the same problems as others face. Of course I don't believe parts is parts but whatever.

Back to square one, I am not an AR guy ! I know where the bullets go, and where the safety is and how to work the bang switch . As far as "breaking the gun open" yes that's my question. How do I ? Does one go about this with a roofing hammer, spud bar or maybe a come along ? I was kind of hoping to shoot it again after solving this issue.

Jimy.

You might not know AR's (yet), but I suspect you are handy with tools, so you can handle this.

If you can make it go boom, you know where the charging handle is, right?

Keep the barrel in a safe direction. Place the rifle in a solid fixture, or with the butt against a solid object.

Place a small piece of 1x2, or something against the charging handle (be sure to disengage the latch) and with a hammer of reasonable size, see if you can tap the bolt open.

I suspect you have a stuck case in the chamber.

Once you get it open, time to field strip it and examine your bolt carrier group. Make sure it moves properly and doesn't have any debris in it, such as pieces of a blown primer.

I haven't watch this particular video, but it should give you and idea of what to do:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell