I'm on my third season of mowing 4 acres with a residential grade, EZT transmission Hustler Raptor Limited. It takes about 4.5 hours to mow the whole place, but about a third of my yard is a zero turn obstacle course.

4 acres is pushing it for an EZT equipped residential grade mower. But it's held up well. It's got a 52" deck and the 23 HP Kawasaki motor. I'm content with its ability to mow 4 acres and I plan on keeping it going as long as possible.

There's not much on it that's expensive to replace other than the motor and the transmissions and I expect that one of the transmissions will die before the motor. A new transmission is about $600, so when one of those goes it'll be time to think about replacing it or the whole mower. It will depend on how many hours it has on it when a transmission goes.

Depending on how much rain we get, I'll have about 220-235 hours on it at the end of its 3rd season. If I can that much more out of it with nothing major going wrong with it, I'll call it good. In fact, if I get 6 seasons out of it I'll buy another just like it.

But 6 seasons is a pretty big "if". We'll see.