Mornin' y'all! Been up for a couple hours now, finished my light brokenfast and a potta java, read the paper (yes, we still get newspapers) and checked the weather. Which will be T'storms all day, all night and all of Sunday, apparently. I hope so - we're in severe drought here.

No plans for the day except for playing with Linux. I love my Mint installation on this desktop so much that I decided to experiment with other flavors to see if they're as good. But I didn't want to use this 'pooter for that, so I bought an ancient Compaq Presario laptop running Win 7 Home Pro on ebay for $60 plus shipping. Perfect!

So far, I've tried six different kinds of Linux on it. Only one would not load, a couple were much more sophisticated than I need, and two or three were absolutely wonderful. I still have no cause to switch - especially since I now have my Mint system all tweaked up and running like a racehorse. But if anybody out there wants a suggestion about which Linux version to try, give me a whistle.

I still have a few more versions to download and try. There are almost limitless kinds of Linux out there, to suit every need or personal whim. I intend to try a bunch of them.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.