Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by TATELAW
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Tell 'em yea its a 6.5x55

They say...huh ? whats that ?

I got asked what I was shooting today at the range. When I said "257 Roberts", I got that blank stare in reply.

I've got a nice 10pt on the wall with a drop tine. Beneath it is a picture of me with the the deer and the rifle I used to take it. Everyone always asks what the rifle is. I get that blank stare when I tell them it's a 220 Wilson Arrow.

I wonder if we are gun-loonies or gun snobs sometimes. Not getting caught dead with a 30-06 or 270. smile

Well, I guess I'm double dead because I've got a .270 and 2 .30-06s. The only reason I only have one .270 is I haven't found another one worthy of it's company. Well that's sorta true, but I just bought a pawn shop rescue Model 721 Remington in .30-06 that I bought to rebarrel to .270, but when I got it home I decided not to molest it. You see, if there's one gun I think Rivals the .270 Winchester it's the .30-06 Springfield. So, I'm still looking for something else in .270 Winchester. If I can find another 721 all the better but I would settle for another Model 70 or something, even a nice Ruger 77.

Last edited by Filaman; 06/06/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!