Originally Posted by 14Homer
While I was doing some more research I see where a lot of people liked DPMS rifles. I found a new DPMS LR308 that looked pretty good? It sounds like Remington may not be making DPMS or Bushmaster rifles anymore after buying them. What is your opinion of the DPMS rifles? The one I am looking at has a stainless steel barrel, supposedly a target rifles.

Its probably the DPMS Panther arms LR308 that I suggested earlier. They are good rifles. My elk hunting partner has one and it is a tack driver for an AR308. His has the heavy truck axle barrel that is 24" long though, so it ought to shoot good. I'm not a huge fan of DPMS, as I've always considered them cheap, bottom of the barrel rifles, but many guys get along fine with them. I know some guys that get along just fine with lesser rifles as well. The DPMS rifles are not as sought after as an Armalite or RRA, which were your first choices. However, with that being said, I'd take a DPMS over a funky RRA that takes a FAL mag... Funny thing, I ran across a heavy barreled DPMS ar15 the other day at a LGS and the asking price on it was $500.00... I don't think they hold their value as well as some of the other brands out there..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA