Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by beretzs
[quote=Dirtfarmer]Funny thing about twist, I have lotsa faster twisted stuff and can’t find a negative. Same buddy broke down and built a 1-9 300 mag with a Brux and it wouldn’t shoot anything real well, he has a 1-11 300 Wby and it’s a drill with everything he’s used in it.

His is the first gun I’ve seen with a faster than normal twist not shoot normally accurate Bullets for beans.

Just that the barrel may be bad (or there could be some other mechanical problem) and the fact that it doesn't shoot may have nothing to do with the twist rate.

I agree a 155%, the problem that stumps me is it is 3 - 300 Win Mags all with the same 1-9 Brux on them and all done by Kevin Weaver. All three have been shot with great bullets like the 180 TTSX, 200 AB, 200 LRX, 200 Partition with powders like H1000, RL26, etc in good cases, concentricity has been measured and is excellent. I’m not even talking a few rounds here and there, all three of them are mediocre with the 200 Terminal Ascent shooting very well in all 3. The same shooter can switch the 300 Win to a 300 Wby Legend and stack shots with all of the same bullets.

Oh, an it’s not the scopes as all three have had NF on top in Leupold BC rings and Warne bases.

A few has mentioned over stabilizing but to be honest I thought that was dead with today’s good bullets. I run 22 up thru 7mm with fast 1-7 to 1-8 barrels and they all shoot the lighter bullets well along with the long heavy ones.

It was half interesting to me that Jarrett uses a 12 on his 300 and a 10 on his 280. Apparently it works well for him since he wouldn’t be selling 8-10k rifles for what he does if they stunk.

Long rant, but it is just odd to me all of the other calibers have been awesome with fast twist with light or heavy while three of these 300’s made right after one another are dogs.

Semper Fi