I picked up a South Carolina BACO 70 featherweight (2009 manufacture) in 7mm-08 the other day new in box unfired. Upon getting it home I noticed the bolt is met with resistance when pushed forward in the action. This occurs in about the last 3/8 of an inch of forward travel as the cocking piece nears the action, and BEFORE pushing the bolt handle downward. It only does it when the safety is in the fire position. If the safe is switched to the middle position everything operates as normal.

Also, the bolt operates fine with the cocking piece/firing pin assembly completely removed from the bolt. Being I have a 308 model 70, I put the cocking piece/firing pin assembly out that rifle in the bolt of the new rifle, and operation is normal. So, something is not right with the firing pin/cocking piece in the new rifle. I inspected the bolt/action for any shiny rub marks, and the only thing I see is bluing worn off on the left inside of the receiver just ahead of the the where the bolt release is located. Any ideas what is causing the problem? It is equally hard to pull the bolt rearward once it meets this "tight" place. I can hold the rifle by the bolt handle and its own weight is not enough to overcome the binding.

I hate to send it back to Winchester and I doubt they would send me a new firing pin assembly. I purchased the gun because it was a USA made example, but at this point I am not going to touch anything or adjust the trigger until I get this issue resolved.