Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by antlers
lvmiker...You ever trek up Lone Mountain when you have a little bit of time and you want to get in some vertical elevation gain...?
If you mean the Lone Mountain here in LV , yes a bunch of times. When I was w/ LVMPD SAR one of the 1st test for aspirant volunteers was a stroll to the top w/ a 30 lb pack. Piece of cake until the temps reached>100*.
Many came, few remained.
That’s the one. I’ve done it a bunch too. But NOT in triple digit heat. I’ll pass. I’ve done Turtlehead Peak a bunch too. I LOVE Red Rock Canyon and have done a great deal of climbin’ and hikin’ there. I’m very familiar with that place. That’s where I spend most of my time when I’m out there. I like to climb and hike in Valley of Fire too. And for a change of pace, I like to go down to Laughlin and use it as a base to operate out of to climb and hike in that area. But NOT in the Summer. I like southern Nevada best between the middle of October and early March.

I moved here in 1970 after my 1st trip to Red Rock Canyon. World class climbing and the Clark County population was <80k. I had an enduro bike and climbing gear, I thought I had died and gone to heavengrin summers are not for those w elevated IQs.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC