Originally Posted by Old Ornery

Side question: How did you like your Tundra? I’ve read their mileage sucks, not as capable for hauling heavy load as Ford or Dodge, but is much better on maintenance. Is this match your experience?

I had two different Tundras, a 2007 with the 4.7L and a 2010 with the 5.7. With the exception of the same major problem on both of them, they were extremely reliable. Both had air injection pump and air injection valve problems. The ‘07 was covered under warranty but the ‘10 was past that coverage so I traded it in on the F-150. Only 7300 miles on the F-150 so far so I don’t really know anything about its reliability but I can say that the 3.5 Ecoboost has more balls than the 5.7 Tundra did and pulls noticeably harder and gets noticeably better fuel milage. So far, so good.

Back to the Tundra reliability. We’re it not for the air injection problems, I’d have nothing bad to say about them. Neither consumed or leaked a drop of fluids between oil changes all the way up to the 185,000 miles where I parted with them.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14