Then that’ll be a good trek...! Climb it, and ride back down in the sedan with momma drivin’. Might be nice for her to have some chilled beverages in a cooler for ya’. No way for you to get lost...Barr is heavily traveled and the trail is well worn. I’d travel light since you’re gonna be doin’ it the way you are. No need for GPS or maps, etc.. Make sure your phone is fully charged, and on low power mode, and keep it turned completely off when you’re not taking pictures. Gettin’ started early on the big ones is always best. It’s light enough to climb at 5 o’clock in the morning right now. Big mountains make their own weather. Thunderstorms often pop up out of nowhere in the afternoon. Lightning kills...so get up and get down...or ride down in your case. That’s gonna be a sweet trek...!
Pikes Peak is really a butt-kickin’ climb because it’s so long and there’s such a big elevation gain...a lotta people bite off more than they can chew by underestimating that mountain for those reasons. 26 mile round-trip with 7,400 feet vertical elevation gain ain’t no joke...!
When I come back down the Barr after climbin’ or hikin’ or doin’ the Incline, I always stop at the Royal Tavern next to Patsy’s in Manitou Springs and drink an ice cold beer.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.