Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I just don't believe the reports that say cops are leaving the job in protest. Simply not true. Nothing above the normal come and go figures. These are the same cops that willingly and eagerly have been enforcing the onerous mask and distancing rules. They make decent money, have families to support, and will stay on the job. Now they might not be so eager to enforce the law when it comes to criminal behavior, they might not show up when called out, but they will keep the paycheck. They WILL though, respond and arrest any people that oppose antifa or BLM. They are certain that the good guys won't be shooting them, and if they have to shoot one of the evil conservatives, there will be no riots, and no censure from the brass.

That's a good story, but I'm not sold. Everybody with any integrity has a line they won't cross. If you are one of those people, you may not advertise it, but you have identified that line in advance. I've never been in LE, but in my profession, there were certain lines that I simply would not cross even at the threat of losing my job. A few times, I had to stop there and call somebody's bluff. A couple times, that line loomed but never presented. But rest assured, those lines would not have been crossed. I was fully aware of what that might risk, but it didn't matter.

I don't think I'm so special. And if that line for me was the point (which it would be, at least) where my leaders were stabbing my brothers in the back, and especially just as likely to do the same to me, it would be an easy decision.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.